• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mortgage

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mortgage"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    Got the call from Contractor Money - I can have the mortgage I originally wanted with Woolwich through them ... even though I couldn't get it direct ... just an extra 0.1% on interest... so BBE + 1.09% (6.09%), OpenPlan.

Thanks Lads & Lasses
    Decent result.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Got the call from Contractor Money - I can have the mortgage I originally wanted with Woolwich through them ... even though I couldn't get it direct ... just an extra 0.1% on interest... so BBE + 1.09% (6.09%), OpenPlan.

Thanks Lads & Lasses

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by glashIFA@Paramount View Post
    Yep, Halifax are pretty good for contractors. Standard Life Bank, Leeds BS, Coventry BS - I've used them all for contractors with less than 2 yrs accounts, so you could try any of them.
    Woolwich & C&G are ok as well.

Leave a comment:

• poppy01
    replied
    you could try a temporary stint with an umbrella, someone like Parasol (who I cant recommend highly enough). Once your with them you are effectively an employee and Parasol are only too happy to vouch you are on a good salary.

you can leave your ltd dormant for a few months then go back

Leave a comment:

• HRHisaravingfelchlord
    replied
    Originally posted by theoctopus View Post
    try contacting contractor financials. they just got me a 2 year tracker with HBOS on the same rates as a permie would get. they only needed my current contract, not audited accounts (which I didnt have) . I had the same issue as you with First Direct, Abbey ........etc etc
    whs - they sorted me a 2 year deal with Abbey no problem. 5.9% or thereabouts iirc.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    I didn't have any problems the last time I was contracting - late 90's.

I guess I am being caught by the 'credit crunch' - lenders are becoming less flexible ... even though they'd have 77% of equity held ... I only want 23%.

Leave a comment:

• glashIFA@Paramount
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
    I've just been offered a two year tracker with the Halifax @6.29% on a 90% LTV...not a bad rate for 90% so you could possibly do even better. I do have one years completed financial accounts but they didn't even seem bothered.

The slightly worrying thing was they gave me the ok in the estate agents just by looking at my entire financial history on whatever credit checking system they've got in there...there was no need to produce any id whatsoever, but the advisor could see everything I'd ever paid / owed etc!

Before that I'd been rejected by Chelsea, RBS and Yorkshire BS...BS if you ask me.
    Yep, Halifax are pretty good for contractors. Standard Life Bank, Leeds BS, Coventry BS - I've used them all for contractors with less than 2 yrs accounts, so you could try any of them.

Leave a comment:

• TheRefactornator
    replied
    I've just been offered a two year tracker with the Halifax @6.29% on a 90% LTV...not a bad rate for 90% so you could possibly do even better. I do have one years completed financial accounts but they didn't even seem bothered.

The slightly worrying thing was they gave me the ok in the estate agents just by looking at my entire financial history on whatever credit checking system they've got in there...there was no need to produce any id whatsoever, but the advisor could see everything I'd ever paid / owed etc!

Before that I'd been rejected by Chelsea, RBS and Yorkshire BS...BS if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    My deal is finishing with IF at the end of the month, so I was looking around for another mortgage.

I've been contracting for 1 year, after leaving a permie job which I had for 7 years, before which I was contracting for 4 years.

First Direct said NO - need 3 years accounts
    Woolwich said NO - need 2 years accounts.

Yet I only want a 23% mortgage - no other debts etc - but because I'm a Company Director I am scum of the earth.

Looks like I'll be stuck on the 7% SVR for a while.

GRRR ! ! ! !
    First Direct are worth asking again, they took me recently with 1 years accounts and a letter from accountant for predicted profit for the year 2 though I was in last trading month of year 2, and my tax returns for the two years before that. Some of the staff there are switched on to contractors but you need to call them a few times before you find one They do a decent offset on variable and tracker, there SVR is only 6% and they promise that it wont be more than 1% above BOE thats the variable deal seems more like a tracker though, £299 fee, no legals to pay and no early repayment.
    Last edited by Bumfluff; 26 August 2008, 21:27.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    HSBC did me a deal with no accounts.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Have you tried Contractor Mortgages, linked over there on the right? Others have apparently had success with them.
    I've filled in their online form ... so I am awaiting a call from them

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    My deal is finishing with IF at the end of the month, so I was looking around for another mortgage.

I've been contracting for 1 year, after leaving a permie job which I had for 7 years, before which I was contracting for 4 years.

Yet I only want a 23% mortgage - no other debts etc - but because I'm a Company Director I am scum of the earth.

GRRR ! ! ! !
    Have you tried Contractor Mortgages, linked over there on the right? Others have apparently had success with them.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied

GRRR ! ! ! !
    For tax, HMRC would like you to be an employee.
    For employment benefits you are a company director.
    For a mortgage you are self-employed.

Yep, scum.

Leave a comment:

• theoctopus
    replied
    try contacting contractor financials. they just got me a 2 year tracker with HBOS on the same rates as a permie would get. they only needed my current contract, not audited accounts (which I didnt have) . I had the same issue as you with First Direct, Abbey ........etc etc

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    started a topic Mortgage

Mortgage

GRRR ! ! ! !

Working...
X