• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage Repayment from Contract Pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Repayment from Contract Pay

Hello Forum!

I am aspiring to go contracting via my LTD co. I please need advise on how i could make funds available for my existing monthly expenditures like mortgage repayment from my contract pay. Iam currently a permie.

Thanks very much

You run a payroll and pay yourself a wage out your company, or you can hold a general meeting and declare funds in the business as 'profit' which get paid to shareholders in the form of dividends. You can also do a mixture of both to gain the maximum tax saving providing your contract is operating outside IR35, otherwise you are limited to taking the funds only as PAYE wages.

Ideally for someone in your position you should look to get an accountant who can do all this, or go to an umbrella company who will also do all this for you..

Alternatively you can teach yourself how to run a payroll and the ins and outs of limited company administration and do it all yourself.
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

or go to an umbrella company who will also do all this for you..
      No they won't. They'll pay you under PAYE as a permie.

Ilu - these really are the basics you have to know anyway. Go read the guides we keep recommending to all first timers, then ask sensible questions.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        No they won't. They'll pay you under PAYE as a permie.

Ilu - these really are the basics you have to know anyway. Go read the guides we keep recommending to all first timers, then ask sensible questions.
        Sorry just read it back and the way I wrote it does sound misleading, I meant if you fail IR35 or don't want to administrate a limited company then umbrella will do everything for you, and yes you will be paying full PAYE.
        The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilu View Post
          Hello Forum!

I am aspiring to go contracting via my LTD co. I please need advise on how i could make funds available for my existing monthly expenditures like mortgage repayment from my contract pay. Iam currently a permie.

Thanks very much
          Read the guides on the right hand navigation bar for First Timers, Trading Structures, Legal, Company Formation etc.

Then go to the PCG website and read everything they have for newcomers.

Then come back here when you have specific questions not answered in those guides.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thank you all.Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
            X