• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another stupid agency screwup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another stupid agency screwup

Hi,
    I've just received an email from a panicy agent who tells me that I need to sign some confidentiality agreement. I read through it, and although it mentions me specifically rather than my company (not good for IR35) I can see anything too dodgy about it.

It does, however, have a lot of legaleese, and I don't really want to sign it. I pointed out that since it's an addendum to the contract I want my solicitor to review it (used Lawspeed last time) and I'd pass the cost on to them.

She has replied that it's part of the contract, and everyone onsite has to sign it - in fact I should have signed it prior to starting work.

What should I do? I've checked the electronic copy of the contract I have and there's nothing in there. It wasn't sent with the contract originally.

Cheers....
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Point out - again - that it is not part of the contract currently in force, that you want your legal advisers to review it, and you want the agency to cover the costs. Point out that this is NOT your problem, it is hers; she needs your cooperation and goodwill.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

as far as the IR35 is concerned, you are your companies rep - so I don't see any problem in signing the doc.
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
      X