• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which agency?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which agency?

Direct contract ends... my client decided that they need to pay more, so I've to go through their PSL.

But which agency?

See poll.

Contract is non-UK. IR35 doesn't apply.
    Ajilon
    10.00%
    Elan
    10.00%
    Harvey Nash
    0.00%
    Hays
    40.00%
    K2 Partnering
    20.00%
    MSB International
    20.00%
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 23 November 2007, 13:56. Reason: Clarification added.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Since I'm not with any of them, I think you;re safe whichever you choose!

That's an unusually long PSL innit?

And none of them particularly fab.

where's the Andy W option then?

Comment

That's only half of them! I did ask if my company could be on their PSL, but they mumbled about lawyers advice... They did say that if I were to take on other employees, they'd be glad to add me to their PSL.

Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
      Since I'm not with any of them, I think you;re safe whichever you choose!

No Andy W option as this is not in General.

Comment

Whichever one that gives you the best contract from an IR35 perspective - i.e. Not Hays.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          That's only half of them! I did ask if my company could be on their PSL, but they mumbled about lawyers advice... They did say that if I were to take on other employees, they'd be glad to add me to their PSL.

No Andy W option as this is not in General.
          Any other contractors who need a renewal in the same place? Souns like a good way to keep your direct contract and earn some free cash from the others for nothing

Comment

Sorry, should say the contract isn't in the UK, so IR35 doesn't apply. I'm looking more at the service angle.

And I'm the only freelancer in this particular division, so can't take others under my wing.

Comment

Ajilon - I'm sure CP are part of their org. If so, I'd keep clear of them. CP are definitely not on my PSL!

Comment

Just finished a contract with Ajilon - NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER again.

Not worked through any of the others, but HN got a bad post somewhere recently, and I've found MSB bad when trying to get a gig.
                HTH.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
                  Ajilon - I'm sure CP are part of their org. If so, I'd keep clear of them. CP are definitely not on my PSL!
                  Yes they are. There was a clause in my contract that said that if I slagged them off to the client, and the client binned them, they would come after me for damages.

That set the alarm bells ringing from the start.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Any alarm bells for dealing with Hays?
                    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Working...
                    X