• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

need accountant for company tax return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need accountant for company tax return

I am looking for an accountant who would file my company tax return. I keep all records in QuickBooks and could provide the backup, if that was the fastest and the most convenient way. I have tried to file company tax return online but was rejected twice because of incomplete notes.

Please contact me only if you can do it next week because of the deadline. Please provide the quote as well. If happy with the service, I would file the second return with you as well (I am now due 2 returns).

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by dbuinac; 19 October 2007, 19:32. Reason: removed email address

Don't leave your email address on internet forums unless you want to be spammed. Instead ask people to contact you via PM.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

given that you're only offering a tiny amount of work, under time pressure etc you may not get any takers. esp if you owe multiple returns and they may not have time to investigate any strangeness in your figures.

I would sugggest you go into your local tax office and discuss with them whats wrong with what you have.

I have in the past done that with the leeds office and found them very helpful.

you need of course an office with ct staff, not just one of the little ones that just deal with personal stuff

Comment

Notes will be as full accounts I imagine, eg on directors such things as salary and pension payments. If you do not have any previous accounts I could post the notes to balance sheet section.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by where did my id go? View Post
          given that you're only offering a tiny amount of work, under time pressure etc you may not get any takers. esp if you owe multiple returns and they may not have time to investigate any strangeness in your figures.

I would sugggest you go into your local tax office and discuss with them whats wrong with what you have.

I have in the past done that with the leeds office and found them very helpful.

you need of course an office with ct staff, not just one of the little ones that just deal with personal stuff
          I did thought about sending an email asking them what is wrong - I did not know I can go directly to the office, thanks for the advice.

I think my CT600 is correct, but I haven't provided Director's report and Notes to the accounts (didn't know that these are mandatory). I don't know what is the minimum information they are looking for in these documents. Maybe I should try my best and then ask them to double check prior to filing? Would they do that???

Comment

I always did my own returns. P&L account, balance sheet and filled in the return myself. If you are capable of filing online, you're capable of filing by mail.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Notes will be as full accounts I imagine, eg on directors such things as salary and pension payments. If you do not have any previous accounts I could post the notes to balance sheet section.
              This is my first tax return, if that helps. Web filing with Companies House went without any issue, but tax return failed for lack of documents. I don't know what Director report and Notes to accounts should contain... Any samples would be fantastic, of course...

Comment

http://www.xoggoth.org/temp/annual_reportx.rtf
                Last edited by xoggoth; 20 October 2007, 09:08.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by dbuinac View Post
                  I am looking for an accountant who would file my company tax return. I keep all records in QuickBooks and could provide the backup, if that was the fastest and the most convenient way. I have tried to file company tax return online but was rejected twice because of incomplete notes.

Please contact me only if you can do it next week because of the deadline. Please provide the quote as well. If happy with the service, I would file the second return with you as well (I am now due 2 returns).

Thank you in advance.
                  If you decide to go down the accountant route, you can email me [email protected] and we'll get onto it for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X