• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1st Year Newbie goes mad with money needs help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElectricChair View Post
    but which is the best religion?
    Yen Buddhism.

NotAllThere
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricChair View Post
      but which is the best religion?
      Surely you mean capitalism...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Soprry if this is a silly question but isn't CT due 9 months after the year end?
        Yes.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Soprry if this is a silly question but isn't CT due 9 months after the year end?
          That's correct, so there is a chance that the op can claw some of this back but saving more on the remainder of the contract. But it seems like they just see the balance in the account and just spend it regardless of whose it is.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            That's correct, so there is a chance that the op can claw some of this back but saving more on the remainder of the contract. But it seems like they just see the balance in the account and just spend it regardless of whose it is.
            Meaning ?

Comment

Originally posted by Flat Eric View Post
              Surely you mean capitalism...
              according to Marx religion is what you place highest in life? Its that true then capitalism is a good answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Number9 View Post
                Meaning ?
                That the money in the business account isn't all theirs because some is due to the taxman. Because CT isn't due until 9 months after Co year end, if you have spent it you still have time to earn it over the coming months.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  That the money in the business account isn't all theirs because some is due to the taxman. Because CT isn't due until 9 months after Co year end, if you have spent it you still have time to earn it over the coming months.

Yeah, silly way to do it though, I take roughly CT amount from each invoice and place this into a high interest account.......... it's the taxmans ! the rest is fair game though and I will tally up the rest at end year

Comment

Originally posted by Number9 View Post
                    Yeah, silly way to do it though, I take roughly CT amount from each invoice and place this into a high interest account.......... it's the taxmans ! the rest is fair game though and I will tally up the rest at end year
                    How do "take" the CT from the account and place it in a high interest account ?
                    I thought most people with a business account also had a reasonably high paying reserve account for place such funds in.
                    Surely the money out of the account must be classed as either salary/divis/expenses ? I didn't think you could just take it out ??? But then again I might be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Mappy View Post
                      All
                      Contracting Since Jan ( Limited Company)
                      Not paid any paye yet
                      Not paid any VAT yet
                      Spent a whole chunk of money
                      (transfers from business account to personal as and when needed)
                      Not done anything accoutancy wise

Now very worried about end of year
                      Head well and truly buried in sand

Will a good accountant be able to sort out the mess ?
                      Will the tax man be pi$$ed that I havent paid him owt yet ?
                      What about all the cash transfers ! ( hardly schduled dividends?)

What to do ?
                      HELP!
                      I think Mappy is just havin us on! He is bored and has probably thought of a subject everyone would reply to...If its true, then just go the taxman's office and just bend over!

Comment

Working...
                      X