• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving on from InTouch (Brookson)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The switch to the new portal has been handled terribly. They must know exactly which customers are moving from the old to the new and could have prepared specific training to say, "here's how you did this in the old portal, here's how you do it in the new one" etc. Anything not covered could be handled by a 1-to-1 with your personal accountant. Instead, my personal accountant has gone AWOL, I can't see how to issue a dividend voucher, what my PAYE payments are going to be, how to close off a month for my VAT return, and so on, all of which were easy to do on the old portal.

If any InTouch/Brookson want to discuss, feel free to private message me.

Comment

I have been with Intouch for a number of years, but I have had enough. My personal accountant has changed several times and the last one has also left the company.

How much notice do you generally have to give when changing accountants? I have not been able to find any T&C that state this.

For those of you who have moved on, have you just emailed them to let them know that you no longer need their services?

Comment

Originally posted by Casall View Post
        I have been with Intouch for a number of years, but I have had enough. My personal accountant has changed several times and the last one has also left the company.

How much notice do you generally have to give when changing accountants? I have not been able to find any T&C that state this.

For those of you who have moved on, have you just emailed them to let them know that you no longer need their services?
        Have you asked your accountant?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Casall View Post

Payments to accountants are for annual accounts, which accountants like InTouch will break into monthly payments for your convenience but, make no mistake, you are paying an annual fee. As such, the best time to change is for the next accounting year or to bite the bullet and move to another accountant within-year (don't expect much, if any, refund on your annual fee, though), and most accountants that you move to would prefer to engage at the start of an accounting year too.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Have you asked your accountant?
            I do not have a personal accountant at the moment as the last one, who was there for less than a year, left during the summer. I am currently being looked after by their accounts team and they will assign me a personal accountant when they manage to recruit one. I wouldn't hold my breath.

My accounts are fairly straightforward and most of the communication has been by email. I have rarely had the need to speak to them on the phone. I have never had a particularly close business relationship with Intouch, if that makes sense, so I will not miss leaving them.

I have already found a new accountant who charges a lot less than Intouch and I like their approach. I don't see the point of paying over £100 for an accountant and Intouch charge over £150 a month.

So I think a month's notice is more than fair.

Comment

Working...
            X