• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Software for Making Tax Digital for VAT with truly and permanently free version?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software for Making Tax Digital for VAT with truly and permanently free version?

Collecting that much taxes the government seem to be incapable of providing a free web form accepting nine figures. Instead HMRC maintains a list of third party software solutions making it possible to filter for free versions. In reality the several solutions I tried are free only for one or two periods and then they start trying to make profit out of you.
    Any solutions which are known to be truly and permanently free version?

Originally posted by Relaxed View Post
    Collecting that much taxes the government seem to be incapable of providing a free web form accepting nine figures. Instead HMRC maintains a list of third party software solutions making it possible to filter for free versions. In reality the several solutions I tried are free only for one or two periods and then they start trying to make profit out of you.
    Any solutions which are known to be truly and permanently free version?
    If you're able to calculate the VAT input boxes yourself, https://mytaxdigital.co.uk/ (previously Portico) will allow you to upload them via the HMRC MTD service. I used it from when MTD VAT was made mandatory up until I liquidated my company last year. They still seem to be offering the same free service.

Comment

Originally posted by Relaxed View Post
      In reality the several solutions I tried are free only for one or two periods and then they start trying to make profit out of you.
      Woe betide anyone make some small profit from a service they're providing. Skinflint.

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post

Woe betide anyone make some small profit from a service they're providing. Skinflint.
        Whilst I agree with the principle of what you're saying, the problem is that HMRC have implemented a system that is wholly reliant on software that someone has to develop. They used to accept values typed into a web form, now you have to use software to upload those same values as that proves you are maintaining digital records or some such drivel.

Comment

Avalara excel still works

Comment

HMRC provide an API that is free to use. Can't be that hard to code something that will upload the data.
            And if you can't be bothered to code it, or don;t have the skills, then paying a small fee to someone who can seems fair.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post
              My generous friend, I would very appreciate if you could allow me to decide on for myself how to spend my hard-earned money.

Comment

Working...
              X