• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend an accountant just for end of year accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend an accountant just for end of year accounts

I've had a look at the recommended accountants thread, but that's for accountants for the full package. I'm just looking for sign-off on year end accounts. Any recommendations?

Planning to do the bookeeping, VAT, SA, payroll etc via FreeAgent myself.

I'd have thought most accountancy firms should be able to accommodate and quote for this if you ring around.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post
      I'd have thought most accountancy firms should be able to accommodate and quote for this if you ring around.
      I switched accountants last year after my previous ones made a continual balls up of pretty much every task. The new accountants quoted me a one off fee to do the accounts that the old mob should have done. IIRC it was something like £400-500 but they knocked it down to £300 as I chose them to be my new accountants anyway.

Comment

As Craig says, pretty standard stuff for most accountants. Now I'm normally very cold on local accountants over a contractor specific one after a bad experience but that's for the full management. Personally, if I was looking for this I'd go for a local bod close to me so I can pop in and eyeball them if need be. We've quite a few local setups from one person to a small office I think I'd be happy trying for something like this.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Cheers folks. I'll ring round local. I definitely want them FA compatiable though, and some near me are a little old skool. Any other recommendations welcomed - cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X