• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terminating LTD Co accountant of 10 years. What all documents to get Accountiant.?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminating LTD Co accountant of 10 years. What all documents to get Accountiant.?

I am terminating my agreement with my accountant of last 10+ years as I started process for 'voluntary liquidation' of my Ltd company which was not trading for last 3 years. I was using this accounting firm for company returns, self assessment, VAT returns etc for last 10+ years. So now that I am giving them notice to stop their accounting service what all documents I need to get from them so that I have all information needed for any future HMRC/Companies House queries..? Is there specific set of docs of last x years I must get from them now..?

Also what should I do to ensure they do not acting on my behalf any more not representing me anymore and not getting access to any of my future dealings or past records with HMRC or Companies house..

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    I am terminating my agreement with my accountant of last 10+ years as I started process for 'voluntary liquidation' of my Ltd company
    Hold on, have you got rid of your accountant BEFORE completing your company accounts?
    Who is doing the liquidation for you?

Have you read your previous thread?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Have you asked your accountant?

Why don't you NOT sack them and let them help you rather than asking a bunch of people who've got zero respect for you so unlikely to help much.

MODS : If we are asked for our thoughts and the appropriate factual and truthful response breaks prof forum rules do we get a hall pass or is it still a taxi to bansville?
      Last edited by northernladuk; 18 January 2024, 15:53.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'll bet this is the happiest day in 10 years of abject misery for an accountant out there. Come on, who are you. Shout up and lets give you a

Comment

I once closed my company in 2007 due to lack of work. When I decided to close, I informed the accountant and in turn he/she did everything for me and for a fee. This fee was in addition to the monthly fee. I don't remember how much I paid then.

Your post sounds like (at least for me), you are not in good terms with your accountant. Irrespective of it, take their help to close it. It's easy and painless.

Comment

I meet these conditions..

You can close down your limited company by getting it ‘struck off’ the Companies Register. This is also known as ‘dissolving’ your company.

You can only strike off your company if it:
            • has not traded or sold off any stock in the last 3 months
            • has not changed names in the last 3 months
            • is not threatened with liquidation
            • has no agreements with creditors, for example a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA)
            I am planning to go via this route and I believe I don't need an accountant to close down my company. That is why I planned to terminate my accountant first then closeing down company. Company was inactive for last 2 years. Was just paying for accountant!

Comment

I meet these conditions..

You can close down your limited company by getting it ‘struck off’ the Companies Register. This is also known as ‘dissolving’ your company.

You can only strike off your company if it:
              • has not traded or sold off any stock in the last 3 months
              • has not changed names in the last 3 months
              • is not threatened with liquidation
              • has no agreements with creditors, for example a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA)
              I am planning to go via this route and I believe I don't need an accountant to close down my company. That is why I planned to terminate my accountant first then closeing down company. Company was inactive for last 2 years. Was just paying for accountant!
              Does your company have any directors loans or any other outstanding amounts owed?
              What is the book value of any assets?
              Have you leased any vehicles, etc through it?

Based on your post history, I suspect there are a hundred questions that could be asked, and that you would evade answering.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I am planning to go via this route and I believe I don't need an accountant to close down my company.
                I believe you do. This thread proves that.
                That is why I planned to terminate my accountant first then closeing down company. Company was inactive for last 2 years. Was just paying for accountant!
                So pay them for one month more and get it done properly. Screw this up and it could cost you thousands in penalties, missed opportunities and investigations. One more more month or so of payments isn't going to kill you.

Comment

I am terminating my agreement with my accountant of last 10+ years as I started process for 'voluntary liquidation' of my Ltd company which was not trading for last 3 years. I was using this accounting firm for company returns, self assessment, VAT returns etc for last 10+ years. So now that I am giving them notice to stop their accounting service what all documents I need to get from them so that I have all information needed for any future HMRC/Companies House queries..? Is there specific set of docs of last x years I must get from them now..?

Also what should I do to ensure they do not acting on my behalf any more not representing me anymore and not getting access to any of my future dealings or past records with HMRC or Companies house..

Thanks.
                  Have you asked your accountant?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Does your company have any directors loans or any other outstanding amounts owed?
                    What is the book value of any assets?
                    Have you leased any vehicles, etc through it?

Based on your post history, I suspect there are a hundred questions that could be asked, and that you would evade answering.
                    No, No, No
                    Nothing outstanding

Comment

Working...
                    X