• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Confirmation statement when Company status is Active, proposal to strike off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation statement when Company status is Active, proposal to strike off

I have requested strike off, which has been approved but not official until it's published in the gazette, so at companies house my current status is Active — Active proposal to strike off.
    Question is do I still have to pay for the confirmation statement?

Old account says no, but hey have been unreliable on several occasions

What are they going to do? Chase you a few times up until which point the company would have closed? Don't think I'd be paying that TBH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you've already submitted the DS01 which based on the Active proposal you have, then I would suggest ignoring the confirmation statement request. Generally the natural step for missing the deadline for CS would be for Companies House to put in a proposal to strike the company off anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael at BI Accountancy View Post
        If you've already submitted the DS01 which based on the Active proposal you have, then I would suggest ignoring the confirmation statement request. Generally the natural step for missing the deadline for CS would be for Companies House to put in a proposal to strike the company off anyway!
        so you could, in theory, just not pay the strike off fee, and wait for CH to do it for you?
        Or would that cause other issues?

asking for a 'friend'....
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

so you could, in theory, just not pay the strike off fee, and wait for CH to do it for you?
          Or would that cause other issues?

asking for a 'friend'....
          Yes that would be possible, I suppose the matter of timing may be the issue. So having to wait for the CS to be due and then for how long it takes CH to propose the strike off.

Comment

Working...
          X