• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reverse charge invocies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse charge invocies

Hi, we are VAT registered and receive invoices from Adobe who have an Irish address. The invoice says that reverse charge VAT applies - how should we post this on Xero - when I use the reverse charge option it calculates VAT at 20% even thought the Adobe invoice says £0.00?

Originally posted by interestedparty View Post
    Hi, we are VAT registered and receive invoices from Adobe who have an Irish address. The invoice says that reverse charge VAT applies - how should we post this on Xero - when I use the reverse charge option it calculates VAT at 20% even thought the Adobe invoice says £0.00?
    log a ticket with Xero?????
    I don't understand why people pay for a legitimate service but won't use the service's support.
    If it's a prate copy I get it. But nobody would use a pirated copy of an accounts package would they?
    Or ask your accountant?

FreeAgent is easy enough. You set it as reverse charge, and make the VAT rate auto (or 05) and it does it for you at 0%.
    Maybe you just need to set it as 0% as that's the correct number.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by interestedparty View Post
      It sounds like you have treated it correctly - the tax rate on Xero should show "Reverse Charge Expenses (20%) on the invoice and the VAT as 0. If you generate a VAT return it will show it in box 1 and box 4.

Comment

The Adobe invoice shows zero VAT because the reverse charge applies. As a B2B supply it’s up to you, the purchaser, to account for the VAT. I don’t know the specifics for how you enter it into Xero but assuming it would be a standard rated supply then you would account for it as if you’d both sold and purchased it with VAT at 20%. It gets reported as mentioned above and is VAT neutral.

Comment

Working...
        X