• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the retired regarding MVL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    When was the MVL completed?
    Who did it for you?
    I was informed today that MVL completed on the 01/12/2023. I was not informed until I Emailed MVL Online today.

Comment

MVL Online have responded promptly and explained everything, now a happy bunny, I would recommend.

Info for any other MVL virgins:
      #1 Apparently the company can remain in a "Liquidation" state for up to 6 months before finally going to a "Dissolved" state;
      #2 When the company is in the "Liquidation" state, company related notifications (e.g. confirmation statement request) can safely be ignored.
      #3 I very rarely have Emails go AWOL; I would recommend tracking progress through the portal rather than relying on Email updates.

Comment

Mine did not finalise to Dissolved for over 2 years. Delays over Covid etc. with the various official bodies.

Comment

Thanks for updated comments Addanc.

ChimpMaster - yes, the HMRC department issuing clearances got decimated over Covid. Different liquidators dealt with it different ways, but it did indeed mean most liquidations, which are already slow processes, became significantly slower in 2020-2022! Cases since aren't really impacted by that anymore, but there is still a significant (and normal) delay between liquidator saying "your case is effectively finished", and company status becoming "dissolved" at Companies House.

Comment

It was many years ago I used MVLOnline, I would also recommend based on closing my company.

My company was closed in 2015.

A measure of success for me is that the service was smooth and just as importantly there has been no queries from HMRC since then.

Comment

Working...
            X