• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hentons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hentons

Is anyone having issues with Hentons? I recently paid in advance for them to carry out some accounts work, the individuals in Hentons I was dealing with left and all work I paid for had not been completed and Hentons do not reply to emails. I have tried many of the email addresses on their site and called in and left messages and don't think I will be able to get any of my money back if Hentons don't respond.

I've just rung them and got through first time. Put 141 infront of their number to hide your number when you call?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If they're accredited by a professional body then make a complaint about them. Otherwise I'm not sure there's anything you can do?
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Thank you, appreciated. I get through to Hentons quickly when I call however am told someone will need to call me back (Hentons never do). I have written in to Hentons and no response, even contacted their Hentons senior team who's details are on their website - no acknowledgement either let alone taking accountability. It's not great when you've paid for work to be completed and still struggling to get the delays and issues addressed by Hentons.

Hentons website states "We are proud to be accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT). We are a long-established and ambitious firm of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Tax Advisors and are proud to boast numerous certifications and credentials. Our commitment to demonstrating the highest professional, technical and ethical standards enables us to deliver the best possible service to our clients."

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Sum007 View Post
          Thank you, appreciated. I get through to Hentons quickly when I call however am told someone will need to call me back (Hentons never do). I have written in to Hentons and no response, even contacted their Hentons senior team who's details are on their website - no acknowledgement either let alone taking accountability. It's not great when you've paid for work to be completed and still struggling to get the delays and issues addressed by Hentons.

Hentons website states "We are proud to be accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT). We are a long-established and ambitious firm of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Tax Advisors and are proud to boast numerous certifications and credentials. Our commitment to demonstrating the highest professional, technical and ethical standards enables us to deliver the best possible service to our clients."

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.
          I already said -

If they're accredited by a professional body then make a complaint about them. Otherwise I'm not sure there's anything you can do?

Comment

Is anyone having issues with Hentons? I recently paid in advance for them to carry out some accounts work, the individuals in Hentons I was dealing with left and all work I paid for had not been completed and Hentons do not reply to emails. I have tried many of the email addresses on their site and called in and left messages and don't think I will be able to get any of my money back if Hentons don't respond.
            I've recently left them as their service has been getting progressively worse.

Comment

Every follow up with them regarding this issue has gone unanswered. They are not responding to their formal complaint either. I definitely wouldn’t recommend them.

Comment

Every follow up with them regarding this issue has gone unanswered. They are not responding to their formal complaint either. I definitely wouldn’t recommend them.
                Experience of similar situations strongly suggests if you already haven't, you need to move to another accountant immediately.

Experience suggests it never gets better.

Comment

Working...
                X