• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can i claim coworking membership as an expense?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i claim coworking membership as an expense?

and if so, I should scrap the wfh £6 thing?

if northernlad is reading this, please dont reply to my posts, thanks

So you don't know the definition of a business expense? If something is wholly and exclusively for business use then it is one and so can be reclaimed if paid personally or deducted from CT if not.

So since I assume you only want the membership to help you earn money i would say it qualifies...

As for wfh £6 thing... no es comprende!
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

i dont need to work at a coworking place, it's just a personal preference, so does it help me make money? not at all.

i meant i cant claim home expenses and coworking expenses at the same time, unless i did 3 days coworking, 2 at home, or something like that...

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        As for wfh £6 thing... no es comprende!
        Assume they mean the tax free amount that employers can pay their employees (or office holders) for their reasonable additional costs incurred when WFH, which is £6 per week for weekly paid workers or £26 per month, without itemisation or justification.

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
          i dont need to work at a coworking place, it's just a personal preference, so does it help me make money? not at all.

i meant i cant claim home expenses and coworking expenses at the same time, unless i did 3 days coworking, 2 at home, or something like that...
          If you are 100% at co working you can't claim home. If you are 100% home you can't claim coworking. If you are doing a bit of both claim both. In this day it's totally reasonable you'll work at home at least a bit, even if its a morning when you are going to dentist or something so you are doing both. Amount doesn't matter. Just claim both.

https://www.att.org.uk/home-sweet-ho...f-home-working
          Where the employee works from home some, but not all of the time - for example they work at home three days a week and in the office two days a week - they can still claim the full £6 a week deduction. There is no need to scale it back just because the employee is not working at home on a full time basis.
          It isn't really a personal decision. It's a decision that's made by the director of the business for his company. The key here is to understand in what capacity you are making the decision which will clear up if you can claim.

See, I'm not that bad.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You fawning lickspittle..

OK I am that bad
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X