• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheaper Accountant or Any better way while ltd company is inactive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheaper Accountant or Any better way while ltd company is inactive

I currently pay £70/month for my account and they take care of my and company Tax returns. But I moved to perm role and not planning to use my ltd company anytime soon due to IR35 impact etc. Whats best way for me to deal current situation..?

(1) Make Ltd company dormant ..
    1. Should I withdraw all money from the bank account before making company dormant?
    2. Do I need my accountant services if the company is dormant..?
    3. Do I need to do self assessment when company is dormant.?
    (2) Keep company active
    1. keep on paying £70 /month for accountant
    Any suggestions/help ..? much appreciated.. thanks

Who knows?

If you have anything like a mobile phone contract going through your company bank account then you can't make your company dormant.

You can however get an agreement with your accountant to do your company accounts yearly and pay the associated fee rather than a monthly one as long as you do the other grunt work. You should be doing this grunt work anyway.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Get the money out and close it. Keeping it open is obviously far too complicated for you.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Get the money out and close it. Keeping it open is obviously far too complicated for you.
        yeah. This ^^^^^^^^^^
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
        X