• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

filing final year cessation CT accounts/returns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filing final year cessation CT accounts/returns

Hello,

This is my first post and I hope for guidance/help from you wonderful fellows.

I am looking to close down my sole director private limited company. There is no assets/cash at hand to distribute. The company filed their last accounting year returns and reports to HMRC and the company house.

I do not have an accountant do all the company accounts and filing myself through FreeAgent accounting software. However, FreeAgent does not seem to have an option to submit cessation accounting returns.

Can anyone please please suggest how can I proceed to do this myself or any software/website they can recommend doing this please.

Plenty of threads explaining the process if you use the google search. Might need to mess with the keywords a bit though.

https://www.google.com/search?q=clos...hrome&ie=UTF-8

That said googling it brought tons of resources and even teh Gov website goes through the steps for you. Have you had a look around first?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

For better or worse this is what I did in the same situation at the end of last year. The company has to not have traded for three months before you can strike it off.

I extended the company year end after I had submitted accounts so that the company hadn't traded for three months at the revised year end date. The day of the new company year end, I filled in and submitted the DS01 on line. I printed and sent the proof of DS01 submission to HMRC saying the company had no trading for three months prior to the DS01 and that there was nothing further to report. On the day I submitted the DS01, I closed the company bank account. The company was subsequently struck off and shown as such at Companies House. The whole process was extremely easy and so simple, I wish everything was like that.

Whether what I did is strictly "correct" or not, I don't know. But it worked. HTH.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
      X