• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon Williams - no more thanks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nixon Williams - no more thanks

Had a brill 5 years with them a while back. Cracking accountants...

Don't know whats happened to them recently. This was even before the recent "problems".
    Emails ignored, no call backs, promises of stuff being actioned and not.

I did complain and it improved for about a week. Now we're back to same old.

They're pretty much taking the money and doing nothing at the moment. I can safely say any work they've done in the last few months I could have done myself - and better, because I know it had been done and not forgotten about.

So no SJD then?

Company was incorporated last Nov so I need an accountant whos willing to take it all over.... And sort out the mess that NW left.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Don't know whats happened to them recently. This was even before the recent "problems".

They're pretty much taking the money and doing nothing at the moment. I can safely say any work they've done in the last few months I could have done myself - and better, because I know it had been done and not forgotten about.

So no SJD then?

Company was incorporated last Nov so I need an accountant whos willing to take it all over.... And sort out the mess that NW left.
    You went with Nixon Williams back in November when everyone told you to pick one of the recommended Accountants in the sticky on the top of this forum.

is an understatement of my current face - you really are a muppet of the very, very highest order.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

The sensible lot left years ago. All they have left is the people too lazy or oblivious to make the jump until it invariably goes wrong.
      Maybe I should have added utterly moronic to this list so I've got full coverage.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

You went with Nixon Williams back in November when everyone told you to pick one of the recommended Accountants in the sticky on the top of this forum.

is an understatement of my current face - you really are a muppet of the very, very highest order.
        Hey personal experience before was that they were indeed brilliant.....

Comment

Hey personal experience before was that they were indeed brilliant.....
          X years ago. It's not like you aren't a regular visitor to this forum so you could have easily seen what has happened over the past few years - and it's that bit that I find amusing.
          Last edited by eek; 28 January 2022, 10:41.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

So no SJD then?

When I was looking for an accountant I rang up many accountants and asked to speak to an accountant so that I can ask questions to have a feel of the service and how knowledgeable they are. I also looked at their online reputation i.e trustpilot before making any decision. In the end, I selected Gorilla Accounting and never looked back since then.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

X years ago. It's not like you aren't a regular visitor to this forum so you could have easily seen what has happened over the past few years - and it's that bit that I find amusing.
              Yeh I suppose. To be honest, I can't believe how bad they've become....

Honestly, the guy I had previously used to make me feel guilty. I'd send him a query and he'd reply at 9pm at night - I used to have to say to him "look its not urgent please don't bust your balls over it". He still did though. He used to find things I'd done incorrectly proactively. I remember finding a mistake ONCE in about 5 years and winding him up about it.

This new one. Jeez. Emails ignored. Promises not kept. I complained. Was all ok for about a week. Then back to the same. Now they've made a massive mistake with my payroll (that I told them to stop).

Comment

Yeh I suppose. To be honest, I can't believe how bad they've become....

Honestly, the guy I had previously used to make me feel guilty. I'd send him a query and he'd reply at 9pm at night - I used to have to say to him "look its not urgent please don't bust your balls over it". He still did though. He used to find things I'd done incorrectly proactively. I remember finding a mistake ONCE in about 5 years and winding him up about it.

This new one. Jeez. Emails ignored. Promises not kept. I complained. Was all ok for about a week. Then back to the same. Now they've made a massive mistake with my payroll (that I told them to stop).
                <Deleted - prof forum = stop trolling others>
                Last edited by Contractor UK; 2 February 2022, 10:04.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've not been on CUK for a bit but had a few enquiries from NW clients recently which made me wonder what is going on over there...

NW was sold a few years ago in a Private Equity deal (I was part of the management team when it was sold, but left not long after) and the new board made a series of changes that weren't necessarily for the benefit of the clients/staff at the time - a lot of the speculation that I have read on here is pretty close to the truth to be fair.

I would stay away from any of the PE-backed contractor practices and go somewhere independent if you are looking to move.

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemy Accountancy View Post
                    I've not been on CUK for a bit but had a few enquiries from NW clients recently which made me wonder what is going on over there...

NW was sold a few years ago in a Private Equity deal (I was part of the management team when it was sold, but left not long after) and the new board made a series of changes that weren't necessarily for the benefit of the clients/staff at the time - a lot of the speculation that I have read on here is pretty close to the truth to be fair.

I would stay away from any of the PE-backed contractor practices and go somewhere independent if you are looking to move.
                    That, I think, is good advice and several CUK members have been saying it for a long time now.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X