• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Savings Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The annual fee from Wise makes it much less attractive.

On the balances I'm looking at keeping in there, their fee will be a few grand a year unless I'm getting it wrong (very likely).

Tide is good but only available to new members and I already have a current account with them.

VirginMoney still offering 4.55% on 120 day notice accounts which seems reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post
      The annual fee from Wise makes it much less attractive.

On the balances I'm looking at keeping in there, their fee will be a few grand a year unless I'm getting it wrong (very likely).

Tide is good but only available to new members and I already have a current account with them.

VirginMoney still offering 4.55% on 120 day notice accounts which seems reasonable.
      Well, £3,000 ("a few") / 0.0056 = £536k, which you may be keeping with them, but you probably shouldn't. For the sensible limit of £85k, you're talking about £470 pa in fees, which definitely makes them less attractive, but still more attractive than the vast majority of instant access options out there, and once you're into splitting money across accounts for FSCS protection, then it becomes a least ugly baby contest and Wise wins quite quickly into that. YMMV.

Comment

Wise are becoming cynical cretins, though. Attract customers with a good offer and then make it progressively worse. Boiling frog theory (i.e., increase heat gradually).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Wise are becoming cynical cretins, though. Attract customers with a good offer and then make it progressively worse. Boiling frog theory (i.e., increase heat gradually).
          This is part of my decision to switch as well. Need to be punished for cynical moves.

Comment

Working...
          X