• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Savings Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Couple of seconds on google gets you this, amongst many other links.

https://www.freeagent.com/blog/tide-bank-integration/
    yes, but it didn't specify if that applies to the business savings account as opposed to their standard business current account.

Comment

Originally posted by hgllgh View Post

yes, but it didn't specify if that applies to the business savings account as opposed to their standard business current account.
      No integration with the savings account, only the current account.

On the upside, it's 4.33% (not 4.03%). App is a bit crap, though, not intuitive.

Comment

PSA: for everyone with Wise Interest. The sneaky bastards have put their asset fee up quite considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post
          PSA: for everyone with Wise Interest. The sneaky bastards have put their asset fee up quite considerably.
          Yup, went up about 0.3% or 0.4% on GBP assets. No change on USD. You'll probably see this over time.

Wise is a relatively big business now and costs only go in one direction - their fx fees have ramped up a few times too, although they are still competitive in the market.

Comment

Did you get any comms about it? I found out through a bloody forum. I agree, still competitive. Still 100% rate increase stings a little. Especially as they've just posted record profits.

Comment

Just had a look for something better.

https://www.tide.co/business-savings...te&irpid=23518

4.33% easy access. FSCS protected. I'm switching at the end of the month.

Comment

Did you get any comms about it? I found out through a bloody forum. I agree, still competitive. Still 100% rate increase stings a little. Especially as they've just posted record profits.
                Yeah, I had an email TBF.

Comment

Just had a look for something better.

https://www.tide.co/business-savings...te&irpid=23518

4.33% easy access. FSCS protected. I'm switching at the end of the month.
                  That was being discussed a few posts above. I have that too. IIRC, it isn’t any better, though - GBP assets w/ Wise is currently 4.7% after costs, I think, although it depends on Gilt yields. Even if I’m forgetting and that’s before costs, Tide is no better. To get better, you need to tie it up in a one year bond.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

That was being discussed a few posts above. I have that too. IIRC, it isn’t any better, though - GBP assets w/ Wise is currently 4.7% after costs, I think, although it depends on Gilt yields. Even if I’m forgetting and that’s before costs, Tide is no better. To get better, you need to tie it up in a one year bond.
                    My maths makes it:

Wise 4.7% (rate) - 0.56% (asset fee) = 4.14% return
                    Tide 4.33% (rate) = 4.33% return

It says the Tide interest is paid monthly. Wise is paid daily.

Am I missing something? On a separate note, I suspect the next BoE meeting will edge both these down.

Comment

My maths makes it:

Wise 4.7% (rate) - 0.56% (asset fee) = 4.14% return
                      Tide 4.33% (rate) = 4.33% return

It says the Tide interest is paid monthly. Wise is paid daily.

Am I missing something? On a separate note, I suspect the next BoE meeting will edge both these down.
                      Not 100% certain, but I think it's 4.7% after fees, as implied here by "includes 0.56% annual fee":

https://wise.com/gb/interest/

It isn't explicit, though. The underlying Blackrock fund is returning around 5.15% right now, but the Wise rate is updated periodically (last updated in November).

Comment

Working...
                      X