• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Savings Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    I use my HMRC Corporation tax account. I paid my tax 8 months early rather than it being sat around doing nothing, and they have kept putting up the interest rate every time rates move. They are now paying 4.25%.
    Is knocked off your next bill, or do they actually pay you it? And is it itself then subject to corporation tax?

Comment

Originally posted by alphadog View Post
      FYI, HSBC business account holders can opt to put a portion of the warchest in HSBC business money market accounts. For £50k plus, current gross rates are as follows:

7 days, 14 days, 21 days - 0.4pc
      1 month - 4.61pc
      2 months - 4.76pc
      3 months - 4.87pc
      4 months - 5.06pc
      5 months - 5.1pc
      6 months - 5.22pc

Sure, it's still below inflation, but it's better than nothing in the current account. Just have to make sure you get the timings right with future outgoings as the funds cannot be accessed before the end of the stated term. Covered under FSCS up to the standard limit.
      That looks pretty good. I see the account comes in three varients; Call, Notice and Fixed. Those rates are for the Fixed version then are they?

Can't believe you actually have to phone them up to get the current rates and perform the transfer!

Comment

Originally posted by ittony View Post
        Is knocked off your next bill, or do they actually pay you it? And is it itself then subject to corporation tax?
        They will refund you if you ask, but otherwise you'll see it as a credit on your account. Yes, the interest is subject to CT, like any other interest.

Comment

Originally posted by alphadog View Post
          FYI, HSBC business account holders can opt to put a portion of the warchest in HSBC business money market accounts. For £50k plus, current gross rates are as follows:

7 days, 14 days, 21 days - 0.4pc
          1 month - 4.61pc
          2 months - 4.76pc
          3 months - 4.87pc
          4 months - 5.06pc
          5 months - 5.1pc
          6 months - 5.22pc

Sure, it's still below inflation, but it's better than nothing in the current account. Just have to make sure you get the timings right with future outgoings as the funds cannot be accessed before the end of the stated term. Covered under FSCS up to the standard limit.
          I've been looking into this, and the rates aren't quite as generous as they were back in August.

6 months - 4.72%
          9 months - 4.66%
          1 year - 4.58%

Not bad though. Anyone seen any better?

Comment

3.66% easy access with Shawbrook now.

Comment

Originally posted by ittony View Post

That looks pretty good. I see the account comes in three varients; Call, Notice and Fixed. Those rates are for the Fixed version then are they?

Can't believe you actually have to phone them up to get the current rates and perform the transfer!
              As far as I know the HSBC business money market accounts only come in one variant - fixed for the stated term. Yes, it's pretty poor that you have to phone them and they don't state the current rates on their website. Maybe it's a cynical ploy to encourage current account holders not to bother. To be fair, the service on the phone is good and quick.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

They will refund you if you ask, but otherwise you'll see it as a credit on your account. Yes, the interest is subject to CT, like any other interest.
                Mine was automatically refunded… turned up a few days after my corporation tax payment was due

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2022 View Post

Mine was automatically refunded… turned up a few days after my corporation tax payment was due
                  Interestingly inconsistent, as with everything HMRC.

Comment

Tide are offering 4.03% Instant Access... Doesn't appear to be a catch... (monthly interest and FSCS etc).

Anyone opened this account with them? Will it work with FA feed?

https://www.tide.co/business-savings-account/

Comment

Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
                      Tide are offering 4.03% Instant Access... Doesn't appear to be a catch... (monthly interest and FSCS etc).

Anyone opened this account with them? Will it work with FA feed?

https://www.tide.co/business-savings-account/
                      Couple of seconds on google gets you this, amongst many other links.

https://www.freeagent.com/blog/tide-bank-integration/
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X