• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for some advice around pension/salary sacrifice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daleric View Post
    So I spoke with an IFA this morning.

Their advice for me was to consolidate my 3 pension pots
    I know very little about this, but I believe that if you have several pension pots there’s a scam you can do where you take the money out of one pot and Deposit it in another for free money.

So unless you think listening to a professional is better than some random idiot on the internet, don’t consolidate.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post

I know very little about this, but I believe that if you have several pension pots there’s a scam you can do where you take the money out of one pot and Deposit it in another for free money.

So unless you think listening to a professional is better than some random idiot on the internet, don’t consolidate.
      the advantage of consolidating is that once you have found a pension pot with low fees, there's no point having different pots, with different fees scattered around. So find a good one and consolidate all that are not defined benefits.
      You want management fees of well under 1% and a lot of older pensions could have fees of more than 2%.

This is where an IFA adds value. Not in selling you their pot but in advising. This advise will cost money.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
      X