• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE Membership For New Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coolshot View Post
    Yes I will do before I start. I don't plan to take any salary till next tax year and only minimum dividends to cover the mortgage payments.
    Good stuff
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I was subject to a non-IR35 HMRC investigation and it was very useful to have. Took a couple months and they managed it through.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I will rejoin prior to starting my new contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolshot View Post
          Thanks for all the replies. I will rejoin prior to starting my new contract.
          If you want a £50 discount for Plus membership, use this link ():

https://www.ipse.co.uk/joinme/071513/

Full disclosure, I also get an Amazon voucher for £50. That said, it might not work if you were a member previously.

/spam.

Comment

Originally posted by silent bob View Post

So you only closed your Ltd last year? Just checking that you're aware, if you're taking an outside contract, that you can't open a new Ltd just yet anyway??
            Why can't you open a new ltd?
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Ah glad I found this thread. NLUK will be proud of me using the search function....
              Im about to start a new gig Outside and I was wondering too.....

I remember years ago having a random VAT inspection. It would have been a right PITA (they wanted to visit me at home for a "few days" and didnt care it meant lost billing time) but the guy that IPSE sorted for me dealt with it all to be fair.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Why can't you open a new ltd?
                There is no ban on opening/directing a new company in any circs, assuming you’re not banned as a director but, IF you closed the last one and took a capital distribution via MVL, THEN you will be liable to a reclassification of that distribution to a dividend distribution IF you fail the conditions in the TAAR, notably that it is less than two years since the last capital distribution was received and the new company is engaged in the same or a similar trade or activity. In other words, it might cost you a lot.

Comment

Working...
                X