• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS hacked?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDOS hacked?

just found out my company bank card has been cloned.
    Looking at past transactions to see how anyone might have got the details, and the 2 most recent were the M6 toll road, and my PI renewal with QDOS.

2 fraudulent transactions have succeeded. And 3 more were blocked by the bank. Waiting to see if I get a refund.
    I wish now I'd used my personal credit card as that way I have consumer protection law to help. With a business card there is far less protection.

On a positive note I have just realised this will reduce my CT bill so there's that.
    See You Next Tuesday

I don't think they are that quick are they? Someone will have gotten your details, put it up for sale on the dark web, bunch of hackers will obtain it and then get round to yours when they've dealt with the thousands they've already got.

I'd not be looking at stuff that's too recent.

Go have a look at the have I been p'wned website where you can see which orgs data containing your email has been compromised. If there is a co. in there that you've purchased from that it's more likely the source of your leak.

EDIT : And if I had to put a bet on I'd say the hackers would go after the millions of details the M6 Toll would hold over a few thousand from QDOS.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I don't think they are that quick are they? Someone will have gotten your details, put it up for sale on the dark web, bunch of hackers will obtain it and then get round to yours when they've dealt with the thousands they've already got.

I'd not be looking at stuff that's too recent.

Go have a look at the have I been p'wned website where you can see which orgs data containing your email has been compromised. If there is a co. in there that you've purchased from that it's more likely the source of your leak.

EDIT : And if I had to put a bet on I'd say the hackers would go after the millions of details the M6 Toll would hold over a few thousand from QDOS.
      QDOS transaction, and M6 Toll were over a month ago.
      No pwnage either. I have a password manager that monitors that for me. I'm pretty sure it's just the card that's been breached though.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Dear Lance,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced.

If it provides any reassurance, I can confirm that we do not capture, store, or process customer cardholder data. Our website and systems integrate directly with Opayo (formerly Sage Pay), a Level 1 PCI-DSS certified payment gateway that processes all customer card payments on our behalf. We are not aware of any circumstances in which our systems, nor Opayo's, have become compromised in any way, but please feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist in any way.
        Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
          Dear Lance,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced.

If it provides any reassurance, I can confirm that we do not capture, store, or process customer cardholder data. Our website and systems integrate directly with Opayo (formerly Sage Pay), a Level 1 PCI-DSS certified payment gateway that processes all customer card payments on our behalf. We are not aware of any circumstances in which our systems, nor Opayo's, have become compromised in any way, but please feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist in any way.
          Thanks for the update.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            just found out my company bank card has been cloned.
            Looking at past transactions to see how anyone might have got the details, and the 2 most recent were the M6 toll road, and my PI renewal with QDOS.

2 fraudulent transactions have succeeded. And 3 more were blocked by the bank. Waiting to see if I get a refund.
            I wish now I'd used my personal credit card as that way I have consumer protection law to help. With a business card there is far less protection.

On a positive note I have just realised this will reduce my CT bill so there's that.
            Probably skimmer on the machine on the M6 - unless you did that online.

Check the statement to see if there is any charity donation on it - probably only for £1, that will be the cloners testing the card.

One other thing is that I had a message earlier today to say that one of my personal MasterCards had password information in a possible data leak. Nothing more than that. I went straight on, found no odd transactions, and reset the card password & pin.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Check the statement to see if there is any charity donation on it - probably only for £1, that will be the cloners testing the card.
              They must have gotten smarter. The one and only time this happened to me it was a 3 quid order at a pizza shop in Sweden. Card obviously blocked that one and alerted me.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

nothing like that. I would notice a £1 payment anyway as FreeAgent wants it explaining.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                X