• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asked to opt out of Conduct Regulations 2003?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asked to opt out of Conduct Regulations 2003?

I am about to undertake an outside IR35 contract for a client. The agent has asked me to sign an 'Opt Out Agreement' agreeing that the provisions of the Conduct Regulations 2003 do NOT apply.
    Can anyone help explain why they want this? Is this usual? What is the significance of the 2003 regulations and am I signing my life away?!
    Thanks in advance.

You need to try the search. This has been covered endlessly and even used to have it's own sticky, which, oddly I can't find now.

Anything you can think of about the basics of contracting will have been covered many times so try the google search method first. It's described in detail in the Welcome/FAQ section but briefly.

Go to google and type in <keywords> site:forums.contractoruk.com

So in your case it will be something like opt out site:forums.contractoruk.com which will bring back 939 results.

It's all in there.

EDIT : Found the original one that was stickied but it turned in to a 69 page monster so other threads answering the specific question might be an easier read.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/busi...-2003-act.html

Last edited by northernladuk; 4 October 2021, 11:14.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesC34 View Post
      I am about to undertake an outside IR35 contract for a client. The agent has asked me to sign an 'Opt Out Agreement' agreeing that the provisions of the Conduct Regulations 2003 do NOT apply.
      Can anyone help explain why they want this? Is this usual? What is the significance of the 2003 regulations and am I signing my life away?!
      Thanks in advance.
      There are plenty of previous posts on here about it so I will skip the background and the consequences as you can find that out with a little research.

So I will ask a single question

Have you been given the actual contract yet? As if you haven't unless you sign it I suspect the contract you receive will be an inside IR35 one..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

There are plenty of previous posts on here about it so I will skip the background and the consequences as you can find that out with a little research.

So I will ask a single question

Have you been given the actual contract yet? As if you haven't unless you sign it I suspect the contract you receive will be an inside IR35 one..
        Why do you say that?

Comment

Working...
        X