• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Filing Dormant Company accounts to HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing Dormant Company accounts to HMRC

What's involved in submitting dormant limited company accounts to the HMRC?
    The company has not traded at all during 2020/21 and I have informed HMRC it is not trading.
    I have also filed dormant accounts to CH.

I'm hoping this is something straightforward and that won't involve an accountant.

As far as I understand, if a company is dormant then you don't need to submit a tax return to HMRC therefore, if you have informed HMRC then they shouldn't be expecting a return from you.

Comment

Originally posted by lawnmower View Post
      What's involved in submitting dormant limited company accounts to the HMRC?
      The company has not traded at all during 2020/21 and I have informed HMRC it is not trading.
      I have also filed dormant accounts to CH.

I'm hoping this is something straightforward and that won't involve an accountant.
      Not trading != dormant
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

Not trading != dormant
        This but I did assume when the OP says he's informed HMRC it's not trading I did think they'd registered it as dormant. There is a process to register as dormant. Did you do that or is it just not trading?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you've told HMRC it didn't trade, you should be fine. If HMRC send you a request for a CT return, don't ignore it. Either call them to explain, or send them a letter reiterating it's dormant, perhaps with a copy of the accounts submitted to Companies House. You shouldn't need an accountant for this (especially if you've done the Cos Hse dormant accounts already).

Comment

Working...
          X