• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clearsky Accounting - Are they sinking? Complete Chaos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearsky Accounting - Are they sinking? Complete Chaos

Does anyone here use Clearksky Accounting?

Are they trying to close their accounting department or something.

In the last about 2 years, I have been seeing their quality, responsiveness etc degrade progressively.
    In the last year, they have absolutely descended into chaos.

Accounts are late, very late submissions, missing due dates, no replies to emails for at least 7-9 weeks, and if by luck someone does pick up the phone on their advertised numbers, they promise to pass on information and request, urgency etc to the senior accountants team, but nothing ever happens.

Utter chaos.
    Started to think about leaving them, but have heard from others who say the transfer process is hell and Clearksky do not do their bit to transfer to the new accountants etc.

Very frustrated.

Does anyone have any information about them what has caused all this, or are you experiencing same such, etc.?

Why haven't you done the sensible thing and left them.

They use Freeagent from memory so just go to another FreeAgent accountant.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Why haven't you done the sensible thing and left them.

They use Freeagent from memory so just go to another FreeAgent accountant.
      Absolutely this. Freeagent is a game changer in this respect and any firm who doesn't deliver good customer service deserves to be left with no customers. It has never been easier.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Have they gone the same way as Nixon Williams?
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          Have they gone the same way as Nixon Williams?
          Appears to have the hallmarks.

Comment

Thanks, All, for your comments.

Sure, I will make a move away from them, but I need to get my tax returns and other pending things from them all submitted and completed first before I start that process.

I did ask around to see what the process is to move away from them and how cooperative they are to new accountants, and I have heard dreadful stories.
            Hence my post here.

sure, I will make a move anyway… are you guys happy to recommend a firm or accountant that are good and reliable please.
            Much appreciate your suggestions, during this desperate and frustrating time.

Comment

Ive been with them for 10 ish years, theyve always been pretty crap, only about as crap as any other accountant Ive had in the past. I havent noticed any recent degradation in service, they get my VAT and annuals in on time (not early, usually last minute) Like any big shop you never speak to the same person twice, but they respond to emails within a couple of days for me usually.

Comment

I'm with Nixon Williams and they've stuffed up my accounts again. Also, my contact has left and I haven't been assigned a new person as yet.
                So, while waiting for someone to sort out their latest error, I checked out Nixon Williams on Companies House and looks like they're all part of the same group including Clearsky, Parasol, SJD and a few others. Is the whole group going the same way?
                Any suggestions for a new accountant?

Comment

Originally posted by velcro View Post
                  I'm with Nixon Williams and they've stuffed up my accounts again. Also, my contact has left and I haven't been assigned a new person as yet.
                  So, while waiting for someone to sort out their latest error, I checked out Nixon Williams on Companies House and looks like they're all part of the same group including Clearsky, Parasol, SJD and a few others. Is the whole group going the same way?
                  Maslins? They frequently give advice here and recently said they are employee owned. That's where I would look if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by velcro View Post
                    All owned by Misadventure Capitalists.
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                    X