• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Assessment accountant recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Assessment accountant recommendations?

I'm thinking about using TaxScouts as they have the best trustpilot reviews and I've heard good things. Price is pretty good too, at £119 including VAT. Any others people would recommend?

Originally posted by sira View Post
    I'm thinking about using TaxScouts as they have the best trustpilot reviews and I've heard good things. Price is pretty good too, at £119 including VAT. Any others people would recommend?
    why can't your accountant for your LTD do it?
    I wouldn't pay anyone to do SATR as it's piss easy.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

why can't your accountant for your LTD do it?
      I wouldn't pay anyone to do SATR as it's piss easy.
      Did MVL and left old accountant, as was unhappy with service. Any recommendations welcome.

Comment

Since moving to permie land. I ended up sticking with my accountant (Maslins) as I have been very happy with their services. I doubt it will be as cheap as the price you have been quoted, but this can depend on several factors (complexity of your assets/income as well as how easy it is to get hold of them).

Comment

I'd have suggested Maslins as well, or Sarah at PaperRocket. Also Gorilla who I'm with at the moment can help.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Taxscouts are excellent. i have used for 2 years now as my accountant could not handle my case. Let me know if you need a referral so you can get a discount

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I'd have suggested Maslins as well, or Sarah at PaperRocket. Also Gorilla who I'm with at the moment can help.
              Thanks, will take a look.

Originally posted by passerby View Post
              Taxscouts are excellent. i have used for 2 years now as my accountant could not handle my case. Let me know if you need a referral so you can get a discount
              Glad to hear. That would be fantastic, thanks alot! I'll send you a PM.

Comment

Just to circle back here. I was a bit reluctant to use an online only service as I MVL income to be taxed, but ended up using TaxScouts and was very pleased. Very straight-forward, I got assigned an experienced accountant who prepared my return in 1.5 days. I sent him several messages to which he responded very promptly too. Paid £108, thanks to the 10% discount a fellow user provided.

If anyone wants to use TaxScouts, I can now also share a 10% discount referral link with anyone.
                Last edited by sira; 22 June 2021, 08:40.

Comment

Working...
                X