• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracted for 1 month only!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need an accountant...but my thoughts are that CT will apply so 19% will be due to HMRC. You could divi out the rest and pay tax on the balance after the tax free allowance. That empties the company bank account and avoids payroll issues.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by windybusiness View Post
      Thanks for reading.

Can any of you fine folks lend a hand and point me in the right direction with it?

Cheers

Windy
      At the moment there is no tax to pay because it is such a piffling amount of money. Depending on what you do for the rest of the year you should pay it out as salary, dividends, pop it into a SIPP or spend it on business things (or a combination of all these things).

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        You need an accountant...but my thoughts are that CT will apply so 19% will be due to HMRC. You could divi out the rest and pay tax on the balance after the tax free allowance. That empties the company bank account and avoids payroll issues.
        Saves permie/umbrella payroll issues going forward too. Good shout.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
        X