• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pension fund fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pension fund fees

Finally got II setup (started trying 2 years ago and gave up).
    It's much simpler now as others suggested.
    Waiting for HL to transfer (breath not being held).
    With HL the cash fund was used to pay for the fees.
    II is asking me to pay the fees by direct debit. As the primary intention is for the company to pay into this SIPP can I have the company pay those fees? It was for HL but by virtue of a different mechanism.

TIA
    See You Next Tuesday

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Finally got II setup (started trying 2 years ago and gave up).
    It's much simpler now as others suggested.
    Waiting for HL to transfer (breath not being held).
    With HL the cash fund was used to pay for the fees.
    II is asking me to pay the fees by direct debit. As the primary intention is for the company to pay into this SIPP can I have the company pay those fees? It was for HL but by virtue of a different mechanism.

TIA
    I am sure you can, but seeing that you are the beneficiary of the SIPP, I guess it would be BIK? For £10 a month is it worth worrying? (And a trade credit each month for £7.99 anyway). Just think of the 000's you will save the next few years now you have moved to II. I am saving 00's per month @ II v HL.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      I am sure you can, but seeing that you are the beneficiary of the SIPP, I guess it would be BIK? For £10 a month is it worth worrying? (And a trade credit each month for £7.99 anyway). Just think of the 000's you will save the next few years now you have moved to II. I am saving 00's per month @ II v HL.
      it's not worth worrying about but for the sake of asking
      You never know, they might add £4 to it as personal contribution...

The saving isn't huge right now. My monthly fee is around £17. When I tried to swap before it was £12 so the benefit was minimal, but it's only going to go up.

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

it's not worth worrying about but for the sake of asking
        You never know, they might add £4 to it as personal contribution...

The saving isn't huge right now. My monthly fee is around £17. When I tried to swap before it was £12 so the benefit was minimal, but it's only going to go up.
        Good luck with the move to II.

Your company can pay your weekly grocery bill if you like. But it's a BiK. The II SIPP fees? Same as grocery bill as far as I can see, but it's chicken feed compared to the fees HL were charging you.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
        X