• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Just got an ICO begging letter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #11
    I got one yesterday. Filled in their self assessment form and was told I didn't need to register. If you don't, just do their sod off form as rawly said.

    Object moved

    PS Dunno why that link shows "Object moved" but it is a correct link.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 19 February 2021, 20:31.
    bloggoth

    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

    Comment


      #12
      Originally posted by rawly View Post
      They must be doing a scan against company house records, as I also got one yesterday. I filled in the online assessment, and obviously I only store Invoice data which is Core Business and so it said I didn’t need to pay, but I can if I wanted. LOL. Why? Anyhow u must remember to fill in their online exception form, so hopefully they’ll go away for the next decade.
      You have no customer contact information, no agency contact information? That has people's names in it and where they work...

      Comment


        #13
        Got one today too. I’d already looked into this ages ago and determined I was exempt as I only keep customer records for invoicing/accounting purposes. I submitted their form to say I’m exempt and hopefully that’s the end of it.

        Comment


          #14
          Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          You have no customer contact information, no agency contact information? That has people's names in it and where they work...
          There is an exemption if you only keep customer contact details for accounting record keeping purposes.
          Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 19 February 2021, 23:15.

          Comment


            #15
            TheCyclingProgrammer is right. You can also keep customer info for advertising and marketing for your own company.
            bloggoth

            If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

            Comment


              #16
              Nice to know they are getting all of us at the same time.

              Must be going through SIC codes.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

              Comment


                #17
                Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                I got one yesterday. Filled in their self assessment form and was told I didn't need to register. If you don't, just do their sod off form as rawly said.

                Object moved

                PS Dunno why that link shows "Object moved" but it is a correct link.
                Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                Got one today too. I’d already looked into this ages ago and determined I was exempt as I only keep customer records for invoicing/accounting purposes. I submitted their form to say I’m exempt and hopefully that’s the end of it.
                I can't see where the "sod off I'm exempt" form is, possibly because they don't want me to know about it? I was on https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...protection-fee. The letter I received doesn't tell me how to register as exempt either, though it says I can
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

                Comment


                  #18
                  Originally posted by d000hg View Post



                  I can't see where the "sod off I'm exempt" form is, possibly because they don't want me to know about it? I was on https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...protection-fee. The letter I received doesn't tell me how to register as exempt either, though it says I can
                  It's in the letter I received: ico.org.uk/no-fee

                  Did you turn the page over?

                  Comment


                    #19
                    i just received the letter, too. I hold no data, it is stored by my Cloud-based email / storage provider.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

                    Comment


                      #20
                      I got one too.

                      What happens if we just ignore it? Do we really have to go through the rigmarole of filling out self assessment?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X