• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Entrepreneur's Relief, Moving Overseas and TAAR Implications?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entrepreneur's Relief, Moving Overseas and TAAR Implications?

Hello,

I am looking for advice on TAAR rules around moving overseas and contracting for a UK client.

I have liquidated my LTD company last September with MVL and availed of Entrepreneur's Relief (I completed contracting in March 2020). I will be moving to Germany and take up a contract with a previous UK client using an umbrella agency in Germany. I will live permanently in Germany and pay taxes to German revenue.

My question is would this breach any TAAR laws in the UK? The rules seem a little vague around continued trading in the same area and I do not want to upset the HMRC

Originally posted by Dagger View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for advice on TAAR rules around moving overseas and contracting for a UK client.

I have liquidated my LTD company last September with MVL and availed of Entrepreneur's Relief (I completed contracting in March 2020). I will be moving to Germany and take up a contract with a previous UK client using an umbrella agency in Germany. I will live permanently in Germany and pay taxes to German revenue.

My question is would this breach any TAAR laws in the UK? The rules seem a little vague around continued trading in the same area and I do not want to upset the HMRC
    it's not vague at all.
    you will be employed so TAAR doesn't count. It's only to prevent you starting up another company doing the same trade.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I don't think you have any TAAR concerns with your current plan.

Comment

Thank you for the replies, it is in line with my thinking.

Comment

Just a little additional information on this.

I would actually be contracting as a director of a German Ltd company which the umbrella company provide. I would still be paying PAYE in Germany as an employee of that Ltd company, just I would be classified as a director of the Ltd company for the duration of the contract with my UK client. Also bear in mind I will be contracting for a UK client I previously contracted for via the UK Ltd company I am closing, not sure if that matters at all.

Would the HMRC take a more negative view of this with regards to TAAR and condition C? I really do not want to find myself with a big tax bill if I get this wrong!
          Last edited by Dagger; 17 March 2021, 09:41.

Comment

Can't see why this would be an issue.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X