• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Can anybody recommend a decent umbrella calculator?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anybody recommend a decent umbrella calculator?

Hey guys, I've got some offers on the table and some soul searching to do. I've never worked through a brolly, and actually what I'm trying to do is compare a 'Worst case' inside IR35 contract at my average rate vs a permie role.

I'm finding the calculators I'm finding online a smidge iffy, and some are talking about expenses and mileage! I just want, in simple terms, if I work an [x] rate contract for [y] days per year, what I'd take home.

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Hey guys, I've got some offers on the table and some soul searching to do. I've never worked through a brolly, and actually what I'm trying to do is compare a 'Worst case' inside IR35 contract at my average rate vs a permie role.

I'm finding the calculators I'm finding online a smidge iffy, and some are talking about expenses and mileage! I just want, in simple terms, if I work an [x] rate contract for [y] days per year, what I'd take home.
    clarity's isn't bad - as it uses a weekly / monthly figure rather than a daily rate.

Just work out the days you would work per year / divided by 12 and use that to work out the monthly figure.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Imo just ask some umbrellas for a detailed breakdown and say your interested in using them.

Contractor umbrella did this for me and has been pretty spot on including how different pension contributions affect take home.

Comment

It’s 53% of the gross rate you get in your pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
        X