• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being forced onsite.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    In those cases, if anyone it should be the project manager on site, calling in team members as required
    I'd take that a step further and say that the project manager should decide who needs to be onsite and when including themselves. They're managing the delivery of the project after all.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      I'd take that a step further and say that the project manager should decide who needs to be onsite and when including themselves. They're managing the delivery of the project after all.

True, and maybe this goes back to the first post - perhaps they are being used to go on site to meet to discuss how to handle things, but if they are refusing to even attend a meeting, that's not going to help deliver any project.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        True, and maybe this goes back to the first post - perhaps they are being used to go on site to meet to discuss how to handle things, but if they are refusing to even attend a meeting, that's not going to help deliver any project.
        Correct. Guess it comes down to how bombproof they feel. I'd be doing what's best for business, so long as it keeps the contract outside IR35.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Correct. Guess it comes down to how bombproof they feel. I'd be doing what's best for business, so long as it keeps the contract outside IR35.

One of these days someone is going to come on here saying that attending an interview puts you inside IR35 because you are accepting direction and control from the client.

If it is about attending a meeting, the client can ask you to attend. You show that you are in control by suggesting dates, times and venue. But always remember they are your client and you are supposed to be a professional business so you show flexibility to meet your client's needs
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Apologies I havent replied sooner.
            So I am now wfh 5 days till the end of lockdown.

Luckily for me, i didnt need to go down the contractual or IR35 route.
            The CEO of the trust alongside the Chair of Trustees do a weekly broadcast/webinar to the whole organisation giving them an update on COVID, the Trust etc.

In their webinar, they said, we recommend that anyone who can work remotely, should do so unless they feel it will affect their mental health (We are a mental health trust after all), in which case you are more than welcome to come into the office. Where departments need to have someone onsite, management need to work out a rota to ensure as minimum staff are in as possible.

So with that statement ringing through the trust, the director of IT cant really go against his own bosses . So no he has to work out a rota for IT Support to keep just skeleton staff onsite.

To answer some of the questions, even when in the office, all meeting were held on teams. We dont have big offices or meetings rooms so to have more than 2 in our meetings rooms contravenes social distancing rules.

Most of the work for the project I am doing is being handled by another supplier/consultancy. They are all remote (even from their own offices).

Training is being done remotely over Teams
            Comms Officer is working remote
            (Both report to other departments)

Its just the service desk and infra engineers who had to be onsite, but that is being changed now as well.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Actually that's a pretty good point to be fair.
              I think someone has hacked NLUK's account

Comment

Working...
              X