• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2nd hand motorcycle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgrover View Post
    Well am not here to persuade HMG am I?

It's very simple, your either a legitimate business or your taking the piss. As one or the other you fall into certain rules.

Since I know my company is a legitimate business I don't worry about how HMRC and HMG are going to perceive anything because I know what I am doing is within the confines of the law for a business. Even with the IR35 changes that were coming into place.

Now if you want to argue that I am inside IR35 that's a different matter, you'll be wrong but at least you'll be making the appropriate argument.
    Which proves my point.

And I wasn't talking about IR35, it's a lot wider than that. Nuff said, I think.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Which proves my point.

And I wasn't talking about IR35, it's a lot wider than that. Nuff said, I think.
      Genius, declare victory over nothing and be on your way.

Comment

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Halesowen
          Blimey, that's a bit too close to home. No wonder house prices dipped over there.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            Blimey, that's a bit too close to home. No wonder house prices dipped over there.
            Oh this was 25 years ago. Is every shop in the town centre still a charity shop? Can't imagine it's got worse.. that wasn't possible
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Oh this was 25 years ago. Is every shop in the town centre still a charity shop? Can't imagine it's got worse.. that wasn't possible
              Yeah, it's a dosshole. Funnily enough despite being geographically close, I hadn't been there for years until last year when my client had an office there. Was able to confirm it's still a tuliphole.

Comment

Originally posted by mgrover View Post
                So I've purchased a 2nd bike for £4350. Would it be worth sticking it on the company to offset against my profits since my BIK is 20% I think? Also I assume I can't claim any VAT back because its 2nd hand?

I owe 18k in CT, I paid this years off early, so I owe 9k technically now am but sure a rebate would be possible.
                Hello Gricer.

Go back to the trains.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  Hello Gricer.

Go back to the trains.....
                  Trains? Think you've got the wrong person.

Comment

Working...
                  X