• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Consultant Technologies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consultant Technologies

Been with a composite he past year, but before April, must change. Like most I am in the grey area of IR35, so to play it safe, I am assuming I am in. Looking at possibilities here, I came across Consultant Technologies, which to what I have read (web address removed) sound interesting, as they have another way forward for IT Contractors, who Mr Brown thinks work as employees despite no sick pay, holiday leave etc etc. I would be very interested in anyone's views.
    Last edited by administrator; 19 January 2007, 22:09. Reason: No promoting sites on the forum please.

Originally posted by Mr T
    I would be very interested in anyone's views.
    My view is that it is semi-cleverly disguised spam and you sir are rumbled.

Comment

hmmmm, and if you dont own/work for them then I'm a fekin permie
      whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Honest John!

I am really interested to see if what they claim is true/above board etc. Personally getting back the gumph, I find it hard to believe.

Comment

That is spam of the highest order, dont they realise that it makes them look far worse than if they said nothing.

Spam Fritters are my favourite!!!

Comment

I give up! Ignorance beats me.

I am nothing to do with the outfit - would like to know if anyone knows anything about them. If you have nothing to say except accusing me of xyz, please don't bother to comment - it's a little dull and not in the least entertaining especially as it is a serious question.

Comment

I would suggest to anyone starting on this forum who wants advice on a company - give the name but not the link.

That way we won't think you're promoting your site though the links.

HTH
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Okee dokee

Thanks Cojak - didn't give a link though, just the name. Must say i'm not too impressed on my first attempt on this forum to ask a decent question. Maybe the weekend is not a good time to start.

Comment

Either way, I would be very wary of people advertising "maximum return" type solutions. The only way to acheive that is via your own company. Equally, the rules for inside IR35 are so simple there is nothing you can do different without cheating on expenses, which is where the whole atttack on MSCs started.

So use Consultant Technologies if you want, but you will be wasting time and money. Far better to (a) find out if you are inside IR35 (and the majority of us aren't, BTW) and (b) use one of our suggested accountants and get your own company.

Do not expect support from this board for any kind of umbrella; if you are not one of the few IR35-caught pros, or a genuine agency temp, you don't really need them. If you insist you do, then go for the obvious big boys like Parasol or ContractorUmbrella, or PCG's QU scheme.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr T
                    Thanks Cojak - didn't give a link though, just the name.
                    So what the heck was that blue thing that used to be where (web address removed) was in your first post.

Comment

Working...
                    X