• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using a non eu company to contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a non eu company to contract

I am planning to move to Serbia and plan to apply for a resident permit however I am originally from the UK.

My question is suppose I setup a limited company in Serbia can I still contract in Holland and the rest of the EU with a limited company that is non EU ?. I notice a lot of companies in Serbia do business with Holland, UK and Luxembourg so it should not be a probleme.

What are your thoughts ?

Thanks

FC

Agents are unlikely to touch a none UK company.

The rest of it? Not a clue.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Agents are unlikely to touch a none UK company.

The rest of it? Not a clue.
      Why not ?. Alot of serbian companies carry out work with clients in europe so what would stop an agency in the Netherlands, Luxembourg working through a company in Serbia ?.

A colleague of mine said alot of companies outside the EU use a broker however he could not give me much more information then that.

Comment

Originally posted by fishandchips View Post
        Why not ?. Alot of serbian companies carry out work with clients in europe so what would stop an agency in the Netherlands, Luxembourg working through a company in Serbia ?.

A colleague of mine said alot of companies outside the EU use a broker however he could not give me much more information then that.
        Because when the employee runs out of the Netherlands the tax bill lands on them

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

The answer is Tax, risk aversion and common sense.

to do what you want you will need salesman to sell for you - agents will insist on a local company (as that is what they understand) and means the risk does not become theirs.
          Last edited by eek; 4 March 2020, 07:42.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Can you contract for EU companies working from home in Serbia? Probably no problem at all -- if you can get the contracts. Can you contract in EU countries, where you go and work on site for the client? That's going to be a rough ride I think.

Comment

My question is suppose I setup a limited company in Serbia can I still contract in Holland and the rest of the EU with a limited company that is non EU ?. I notice a lot of companies in Serbia do business with Holland, UK and Luxembourg so it should not be a probleme.

What are your thoughts ?

Thanks

FC
              Many companies in EU countries are quite liberal thinking in regards to workers / companies from other EU states I've seen no issues or concerns with companies / workers from other states in Italy, Slovakia, Hungary and Poland. In Netherlands, the Nordic countries and Germany companies get a bot more concerned about compliance as they can be found liable for your taxes (except Germany where they will come after you hard).

Of course, Serbia will not be an EU country for another 5 years or so.

If I was in a non-EU country, I would look into the Estonia option.

Comment

Working...
              X