• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unlawfull admin fee charge?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
    Pay the amount you owe (no fees) and tell them to stuff it.
    That's what I am planning to do, however, I just want to make sure that they cant enforce it, as they are already threatening to charge interest and debt collection fees on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperphillip View Post
      That's what I am planning to do, however, I just want to make sure that they cant enforce it, as they are already threatening to charge interest and debt collection fees on top of it.
      Repay the expense and state in writing that you despite the admin fee as there is no reference to it within their T&Cs then see what they do.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

so if it wasn't in the t&c's, are they able to enforce it?
        Your word against there's as you've not signed anything. Regardless of contracts though, the best way of anything is negotiation.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Your word against there's as you've not signed anything. Regardless of contracts though, the best way of anything is negotiation.
          Work has been done so their contract was accepted implicitly even if it wasn't signed...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            He's already said that he's checked and a contract has been signed with the agency. The admin fee being charged hasn't been mentioned in it. (I'd check the Ts & Cs personally, they're usually hidden in there). IF there's nothing in the Ts and Cs, pay them the money to rectify the original error and make it clear that you dispute the admin charge and regard it as both excessive and against the spirit of the relationship in which you have been engaged.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              He's already said that he's checked and a contract has been signed with the agency. The admin fee being charged hasn't been mentioned in it. (I'd check the Ts & Cs personally, they're usually hidden in there). IF there's nothing in the Ts and Cs, pay them the money to rectify the original error and make it clear that you dispute the admin charge and regard it as both excessive and against the spirit of the relationship in which you have been engaged.
              Oh. In his first post he explicitly says he hasn't sign a contract and then says something about signed contract with client via ageny, whatever that is supposed to mean.

So if he does have a contract and the charges are not explicitly detailed then the above is correct and tell them to screw themselves.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                thanks, I'll be doing this tomorrow.

Comment

thanks, I'll be doing this tomorrow.
                  No worries - does the agent who introduced you to the client still work there?
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Invoice them an admin fee for replying to their request for an admin fee.

Comment

They can't enforce it without taking you to court. I presume it's a <£100 admin charge? Just pay the money you agree you owe, tell them you dispute the admin charge as there's nothing in the contract about that, and they'll waive it - it's just not worth them chasing you for it, as there's not enough certainty of a win, and it'll cost them time and effort. And then ditch them as soon as you're contractually able - they're clearly idiots.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X