• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two limited companies at once?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks meridian and Hobosapien.

May the rest of you live in interesting times, although with 30000+ posts it’s unlikely ?

Comment

Originally posted by hodd View Post
      Thanks meridian and Hobosapien.

May the rest of you live in interesting times, although with 30000+ posts it’s unlikely [emoji56]
      Pick the answers you like, forget the rest. Not seen that before.....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I picked all the answers and ignored the other posts.

Enjoy your evening. I was a contractor once and know it’s important to keep yourself occupied.

Comment

I picked all the answers and ignored the other posts.

Enjoy your evening. I was a contractor once and know it’s important to keep yourself occupied.
          Too occupied to take care of your responsibilities obviously.

Comment

But I can pay my tax in October. You’ll still be spending long evenings on an Internet forum.

Comment

But I can pay my tax in October. You’ll still be spending long evenings on an Internet forum.
              Why does it matter when you pay your Corp tax? The fact you need to pay it later indicates to us it isn't there.

Comment

But it will be there. It’s not tricky to understand.

You’ll still be here. How lucky you are not to have things like unplanned family problems to deal with. The thread’s done. I thanked the two people who were good enough to post useful replies.

Comment

But it will be there. It’s not tricky to understand.

You’ll still be here. How lucky you are not to have things like unplanned family problems to deal with. The thread’s done. I thanked the two people who were good enough to post useful replies.
                  As long as you've got what you wanted then that's all good. What you have to understand is we get posts daily similar to yours which ask a specific question and as the thread progresses it becomes apparent the poster the poster has bigger issues they don't realise so we try and unravel the situation to help them. Getting narky at people who are trying to help isn't going to help anyone, particularly you when you need free help again..

But, as you say you've got what you need so we're done.

Comment

Could I ask you to look again at your replies in this thread, please. How are they helpful?

Two other posters took the time to post helpful responses. An umbrella company, for example, sounds ideal for someone intending to contract for a few years, a timescale I gave in post 1.

Thanks again to those two, but was it really worth your while to post “oh dear”?

Comment

Could I ask you to look again at your replies in this thread, please. How are they helpful?

Two other posters took the time to post helpful responses. An umbrella company, for example, sounds ideal for someone intending to contract for a few years, a timescale I gave in post 1.

Thanks again to those two, but was it really worth your while to post “oh dear”?
                      the answers you liked provided the answers you wanted.
                      i.e. yes you can open another company, or you can use an umbrella.

Seeing as the reason you wanted to do it was not initially clear, the other answers actually provided more value to you (whether you agree or not) as they point out the flaws in your assumptions.

All the posts were helpful, except 'oh dear oh dear'. But to be fair, you don't get nigh on 40k posts by writing war and peace every time. Although I'd argue that it was helpful, to other readers, as it highlighted what a bad/stupid situation you've got into. You'd better hope your plans work out and that you can pay the CT bill, otherwise you'll be in real trouble.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X