• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

termination of the contract _advise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

termination of the contract _advise

hi
    my contract has been terminated without any notice for reasons that I was not diligently performing my duties under agreed deadlines etc. i do not agree with it.
    i have given them realistic dead lines for the deliverable and reasons why a particular date but nothing was said or challenged until today when they terminated the contract.

please advise..

The stated reasons are likely nothing to do with the real reasons.

You may be lucky and paid for the notice period. Or you may not.

Sadly I am 99.9% sure that they are legally entitled to terminate the contract under the terms you signed.

I advise you put it behind you are start looking for a new gig.

Comment

Originally posted by abc111 View Post
      hi
      my contract has been terminated without any notice for reasons that I was not diligently performing my duties under agreed deadlines etc. i do not agree with it.
      i have given them realistic dead lines for the deliverable and reasons why a particular date but nothing was said or challenged until today when they terminated the contract.

please advise..
      It wasn't due to a complete lack of capitals in any of your documentation?

But seriously... Unfortunately this is the crappy end of being a flexible resource. It could be any one of a million reasons. It's a clause you can't really argue and will be very difficult to prove so you won't go legal with it so it's their catch-all. Could be something as simple as your face doesn't fit. It's in the contract so they've pulled it on you. They could have given you notice but not given you any work which means no money so effectively the same thing but maybe they don't understand that side of the contract.

Whatever the reason is you are done. Doesn't matter if you don't agree, absolutely nothing you can do about it now. Do a bit of soul searching to see if you really could have done something a little different and maybe use that as a learning exercise for next time. That's about all you can do now.

Good luck in your search for a new contract...and don't forget them capitals.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
        The stated reasons are likely nothing to do with the real reasons.

You may be lucky and paid for the notice period. Or you may not.

Sadly I am 99.9% sure that they are legally entitled to terminate the contract under the terms you signed.

I advise you put it behind you are start looking for a new gig.

they are saying will pay me up until last working day but not serving me notice....i should've seen it coming and resigned gracefully with 4 weeks notice...

Comment

they are saying will pay me up until last working day but not serving me notice....i should've seen it coming and resigned gracefully with 4 weeks notice...
          Is the last working day the same day as the end of your contract?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            Is the last working day the same day as the end of your contract?
            no few months earlier : )

Comment

How would that have made any difference? They would have just asked you to leave immediately as they did. You don't get paid notice period if you don't work it so same outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                How would that have made any difference? They would have just asked you to leave immediately as they did. You don't get paid notice period if you don't work it so same outcome.
                you don't have to work the notice if the employer does not want you to...
                all i want is they pay me until last day i worked...

Comment

So, what answer would you like us to give you?

Have they said they won't pay you for the work you did up to the point they terminated your contract?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

They are not your employer.

Comment

Working...
                    X