• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Accountant Recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by Sum007 View Post
    Not helpful, sounds very sarcastic
    Good - I'm glad you recognised the sarcasm, which I hope means that you've looked at the ridiculousness of your selection criteria which drew my sarcasm.

    If not, I'll spell it out for you: you are excluding a good accountant on the basis that he shares the same first name with someone else who is an accountant who you wouldn't want to use. I guess we all need criteria for choosing our business partners but that really is a stupid one. On the same basis that Darren Roberts might be Darren Upton, he might also be Darren Anderton, or Darren Gough, or Darren Day - do you see how ridiculous your selection criteria are now?

    Likewise, following your ridiculous idea further you have two people with the same first name who work at the same accountancy firm that you would consider. If that's not suspicion enough to rule them out then I don't know what is

    FTAOD, I have no reason to suspect that Craig Whelan and Craig McCall are the same person - they just have the same first name and work for the same accountancy firm. Coincidence? You decide.
    I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by rocketjet View Post
      After changing accountants a few times I finally found Gorilla and haven’t looked back. They are heaps better than my previous two and have no complaints.

      In terms of meeting accoutants face to face I don’t think it’s necessary for the average Ltd company contractor. There are other options such as Skype but a quick phone call or email is usually sufficient and they aim to respond same day.
      Useful to know, thanks.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
        Good - I'm glad you recognised the sarcasm, which I hope means that you've looked at the ridiculousness of your selection criteria which drew my sarcasm.

        If not, I'll spell it out for you: you are excluding a good accountant on the basis that he shares the same first name with someone else who is an accountant who you wouldn't want to use. .
        How are you sure he's such a good accountant, are you saying you followed him from the previous company to where he is now.

        To clarify I was informed he was managed out of the previous company once they realised he was Darren Upton. I don't believe anyone would have reason to say this is if wasn't factual.

        Comment


          #34
          ..
          Last edited by Sum007; 13 July 2018, 10:17.

          Comment


            #35
            ..

            Comment


              #36
              Not sure it's possible to close my account but I wish to do this due to dulluded kittens sarcastic uncalled for posts.




              I don't want to be part of a forum where this is allowed. feedback and different opinions is great but don't feel dulled kittens posts should be on here. it's like he/she is actively looking to cause a fight/argument.




              To clarify I was told that Darren Roberts was managed out of his previous role once they discovered he was Darren Upton. I can't imagine why anyone would lie about this.
              Last edited by Sum007; 13 July 2018, 10:22.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Sum007 View Post
                How are you sure he's such a good accountant, are you saying you followed him from the previous company to where he is now.
                Yes

                Originally posted by Sum007 View Post
                To clarify I was informed he was managed out of the previous company once they realised he was Darren Upton. I don't believe anyone would have reason to say this is if wasn't factual.
                I'd be wary of making that accusation in public. Either share the facts or stop.
                I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Sum007 View Post
                  To clarify I was told that Darren Roberts was managed out of his previous role once they discovered he was Darren Upton. I can't imagine why anyone would lie about this.
                  Who told you that? On the basis of what evidence?

                  I was told that Theresa May knew what she was doing, but that doesn't make it true.

                  And again - I would be wary of making these kind of statements without facts to back them up beyond your hearsay. We live in litigious times.
                  I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    I thinks the most concerning thing is that Darren hasn’t been posting here in a month, since the rumours started kicking around. He used to be very prolific and now he’s not. And he’s not defended himself or scotched any of the rumours really. Could be entirely innocent but it does begin to smell a bit.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                      I thinks the most concerning thing is that Darren hasn’t been posting here in a month, since the rumours started kicking around. He used to be very prolific and now he’s not. And he’s not defended himself or scotched any of the rumours really. Could be entirely innocent but it does begin to smell a bit.
                      What about this thread though ? One of the forum members has met Darren Roberts and it was deemed they are two different people

                      https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...cticing-5.html

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X