• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accountant Recommendation"

Collapse

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren at Fox-Bartfield View Post
    Very true about the awards. I’m back from holiday next week and sending across to Admin copies of my photo ID when get back. As for reasons leaving Dynamo as previously posted, I’ve known the tax partner in the main practice for over 25 years having trained together so the guys there have know me for many years. Left because of the level of partnership offer received from them and differences in vision, plus the Bartfields opportunity being too good to turn down in light of the above offer.
    Ahhh, but that's exactly what Darren Upton would say, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• NCOTBAC
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren at Fox-Bartfield View Post
    Very true about the awards. I’m back from holiday next week and sending across to Admin copies of my photo ID when get back.
    Could you also send copies of your last 50 yeara bank statements just to make sure it's not a 'holiday' at Her Majesties pleasure.

Leave a comment:

• Darren at Fox-Bartfield
    replied
    Originally posted by JB3000 View Post
    I believe the best evidence was from NLUK, in that Darren Upton should have been in prison (assuming no early release) while Darren Roberts was winning Contractor UK awards year in and year out.

To be honest, if I were Darren Roberts I would simply do a blog post on his company website, complete with picture, clearing up the misunderstanding
    Very true about the awards. I’m back from holiday next week and sending across to Admin copies of my photo ID when get back. As for reasons leaving Dynamo as previously posted, I’ve known the tax partner in the main practice for over 25 years having trained together so the guys there have know me for many years. Left because of the level of partnership offer received from them and differences in vision, plus the Bartfields opportunity being too good to turn down in light of the above offer.

Leave a comment:

• JB3000
    replied
    Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
    hmm...google search will give you Darren Upton's picture.
    I know this is an extremely long shot but theoretically Darren Upton could have changed his name to Darren Roberts and then asked a colleague to pretend to be him if clients come calling/public situations.

Like I say, an incredible long shot.

I believe the best evidence was from NLUK, in that Darren Upton should have been in prison (assuming no early release) while Darren Roberts was winning Contractor UK awards year in and year out.

To be honest, if I were Darren Roberts I would simply do a blog post on his company website, complete with picture, clearing up the misunderstanding

Leave a comment:

• jbond007
    replied
    Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    But he hadn't met the other person had he? So I'm not so sure it's a done deal.
    hmm...google search will give you Darren Upton's picture.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    What about this thread though ? One of the forum members has met Darren Roberts and it was deemed they are two different people

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...cticing-5.html
    But he hadn't met the other person had he? So I'm not so sure it's a done deal.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    What about this thread though ? One of the forum members has met Darren Roberts and it was deemed they are two different people

Fair play. Missed that one.

Leave a comment:

• jbond007
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    I thinks the most concerning thing is that Darren hasn’t been posting here in a month, since the rumours started kicking around. He used to be very prolific and now he’s not. And he’s not defended himself or scotched any of the rumours really. Could be entirely innocent but it does begin to smell a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    I thinks the most concerning thing is that Darren hasn’t been posting here in a month, since the rumours started kicking around. He used to be very prolific and now he’s not. And he’s not defended himself or scotched any of the rumours really. Could be entirely innocent but it does begin to smell a bit.

Leave a comment:

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    Originally posted by Sum007 View Post
    To clarify I was told that Darren Roberts was managed out of his previous role once they discovered he was Darren Upton. I can't imagine why anyone would lie about this.
    Who told you that? On the basis of what evidence?

I was told that Theresa May knew what she was doing, but that doesn't make it true.

And again - I would be wary of making these kind of statements without facts to back them up beyond your hearsay. We live in litigious times.

Leave a comment:

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    How are you sure he's such a good accountant, are you saying you followed him from the previous company to where he is now.
    Yes

To clarify I was informed he was managed out of the previous company once they realised he was Darren Upton. I don't believe anyone would have reason to say this is if wasn't factual.
    I'd be wary of making that accusation in public. Either share the facts or stop.

Leave a comment:

• Sum007
    replied
    Not sure it's possible to close my account but I wish to do this due to dulluded kittens sarcastic uncalled for posts.

I don't want to be part of a forum where this is allowed. feedback and different opinions is great but don't feel dulled kittens posts should be on here. it's like he/she is actively looking to cause a fight/argument.

To clarify I was told that Darren Roberts was managed out of his previous role once they discovered he was Darren Upton. I can't imagine why anyone would lie about this.
    Last edited by Sum007; 13 July 2018, 10:22.

Leave a comment:

• Sum007
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sum007
    replied
    Last edited by Sum007; 13 July 2018, 10:17.

Leave a comment:

• Sum007
    replied
    Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
    Good - I'm glad you recognised the sarcasm, which I hope means that you've looked at the ridiculousness of your selection criteria which drew my sarcasm.

If not, I'll spell it out for you: you are excluding a good accountant on the basis that he shares the same first name with someone else who is an accountant who you wouldn't want to use. .
    How are you sure he's such a good accountant, are you saying you followed him from the previous company to where he is now.

To clarify I was informed he was managed out of the previous company once they realised he was Darren Upton. I don't believe anyone would have reason to say this is if wasn't factual.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X