• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant Recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Sum007; 13 July 2018, 10:10.

Comment

Check the Public Sector IR35 thread. This has been covered in great detail in that thread.

If you can pick your own umbrella then go with Contractor Umbrella. You'll see Lucy all over the threads in there.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sum007 View Post
          Thanks northernladuk, I've taken a look at this thread and I'm not sure I want to go via an umbrella.
          Thanks to everyone who's provided input. I had shortlisted the two accountants down to:-

- Dynamo: however I'm now really concerned as I have heard from a reliable source who states that they are not replying to emails and were not informed of the monthly pay rate going up this financial year, etc, etc. Apparently they issued an email but not all clients were included in the distribution. There was no communication regarding recent team changes (some of the previous team left the company recently/suddenly?)

- Fox Bartfield: it's been suggested that Darren Roberts was "Darren Upton" previously. I've tried to look into this a little further however I can't find any photos of Darren Roberts and therefore although this may not be true I'm not sure I want to take the risk (I can't help but being a little wary here).

Due to this I might be reconsidering and am going to look at Gorilla Accounting.
          I'm sure Gorilla Accounting get good reviews here, but just a quick note on Darren Roberts. I believe there was a thread recently asking similar question and couple of forum members have vouched they are not the same person.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...cticing-5.html

Comment

- Fox Bartfield: it's been suggested that Darren Roberts was "Darren Upton" previously. I've tried to look into this a little further however I can't find any photos of Darren Roberts and therefore although this may not be true I'm not sure I want to take the risk (I can't help but being a little wary here).

Two accountants share the same first name and you think that's a risk?

Gorilla employ two people who are both called Craig. Maybe you should avoid them in case they are the same person?
            I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

I have been recommended Gorilla Accounting and from my initial dialogue with them (compared to three others I've contacted) they seem very good.

The one thing that does perplex me is how they haven't got a London office, yet seem to have one everywhere else...is proximity to an Accountant in this way important?

I'll most likely open up with these guys and try them out as a beginner contractor with a view to reviewing them after a year, remember they're FreeAgent so going elsewhere shouldn't be an issue, hoping this isn't required for a long, long time though.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dhrucku View Post
                  I have been recommended Gorilla Accounting and from my initial dialogue with them (compared to three others I've contacted) they seem very good.

The one thing that does perplex me is how they haven't got a London office, yet seem to have one everywhere else...is proximity to an Accountant in this way important?

I'll most likely open up with these guys and try them out as a beginner contractor with a view to reviewing them after a year, remember they're FreeAgent so going elsewhere shouldn't be an issue, hoping this isn't required for a long, long time though.
                  I am considering this too, as I want to use free agent

Comment

- Gorilla Accounting (Adam Scholes) - saw a thread about their marketing which wasn't positive
                    I'm unaware of this, what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Dhrucku View Post

After changing accountants a few times I finally found Gorilla and haven’t looked back. They are heaps better than my previous two and have no complaints.

In terms of meeting accoutants face to face I don’t think it’s necessary for the average Ltd company contractor. There are other options such as Skype but a quick phone call or email is usually sufficient and they aim to respond same day.

Comment

Working...
                      X