• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Dormant company check/investigation letter -HELP!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Dormant company check/investigation letter -HELP!

Hello people,

Long time lurker here.

A few weeks ago I received a letter from the HMRC asking me about one of my dormant companies. Some sort of check. Confirming its trading status or something.

....and I've misplaced the letter. Damnit.

Has anyone had such a letter, and if so, could they do me the massive favour of telling me whence it originated, so that I might contact the originator?

Many many thanks.

Good guesses are fine too.

Thanks
    Last edited by ChadGates; 24 May 2018, 06:03. Reason: More info

Originally posted by ChadGates View Post
    could they do me the massive favour of telling me whence it originated

Thanks
    <mod snip>
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 24 May 2018, 08:20. Reason: deleted - prof forum
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChadGates View Post
      Hello people,

Long time lurker here.

A few weeks ago I received a letter from the HMRC asking me about one of my dormant companies. Some sort of check. Confirming its trading status or something.

....and I've misplaced the letter. Damnit.

Has anyone had such a letter, and if so, could they do me the massive favour of telling me whence it originated, so that I might contact the originator?

Many many thanks.

Thanks
      Use your rights under GDPR to get all correspondence. Assuming it was addresses to you.

Comment

Originally posted by chadgates View Post
        i received a letter from the hmrc
        could they do me the massive favour of telling me whence it originated,
        HMRC! HTH
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No reason to make this difficult.

If you remember it mentioning VAT, try this.

If you don't think it mentioned VAT, try this.

Make a note of the person you talked to, date and time. Tell them what you've told us. They should be able to help you. If they can't, at least you can demonstrate, when the next letter comes, that you've tried to respond. Eventually they will send you another letter saying you've been a very naughty boy to not respond yet and please do so ASAP. It will be better if you can preempt that with a phone call or at least prove you tried to.

Comment

Just send a letter to HMRC and list your dormant companies and their status.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

[QUOTE=WordIsBond;2556698]No reason to make this difficult.

If you remember it mentioning VAT, try this.

If you don't think it mentioned VAT, try this.

Thanks very much. I called the non-VAT number and they had no idea about the letter. So, just going to sit tight until something else pops-up. Many many thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X