• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition sign here -Stop the Loan Charge 2019 from being applied retrospectively

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Could you add a note to the adverts that you welcome the support of honest contractors, who have previously been undercut on rate by contractors using dodgy schemes?

Ta.
    Maybe they were also a better candidate as well
    Ltd companies appear to be moving to the dodgier end of the spectrum each year.

Comment

Originally posted by QCApproved View Post
      Ltd companies appear to be moving to the dodgier end of the spectrum each year.
      Are you referring to https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rters-of-fraud ?

I don't think I have ever worked with an honest contractor - one of the reasons I am moving away.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
        Are you referring to https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rters-of-fraud ?

I don't think I have ever worked with an honest contractor - one of the reasons I am moving away.
        The individual in that case was a whistle-blower who had been trying to get Companies House to tighten up it's checks and it back-fired on him.

Also, I would advise reconsidering the kind of company you keep...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          The individual in that case was a whistle-blower who had been trying to get Companies House to tighten up it's checks and it back-fired on him.

Also, I would advise reconsidering the kind of company you keep...
          I agree. Brexit was the last straw. Contracting was never a long-term plan and I made some mistakes that taught me alot.

Amazing seeing "contractors" doing the same jobs as "permanents" often staying for much longer. There are some who behave like consultants. Those are the ones I try to spend my time with.

Comment

I don't think I have ever worked with an honest contractor
            As cojak said.... It sounds like you have made some bad choices.

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
              As cojak said.... It sounds like you have made some bad choices.
              Oh I have.

It put me in touch with some consultants who stay a few months then move on. Its a stepping stone.

Comment

Oh I have.

It put me in touch with some consultants who stay a few months then move on. Its a stepping stone.
                Except that rather depends what they are there to do. Some clients refuse to listen to solid professional advice on how to resolve their particular problem. At that point there's no point beating your head against their wall, so let's move on to someone hopefully more receptive to being told. To the outsider the consultant looks to be at fault, but that is rarely actually the case.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                X