• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limosa Declaration - Help Needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limosa Declaration - Help Needed

Hi Everyone,

Hoping for some guidance from those that have contracted in Belgium before.

Summary:
    Got a 8 month gig in Belgium starting 9th April 2018
    Operate a UK based LTD Co. (one-man band)

I'm now at that stage of completing the LIMOSA declaration, but have some questions.

The first thing being asked by the LIMOSA declaration form is:
    1. Employee OR
    2. Self Employed.

Which is the correct option?

Thanks

The correct option is to turn the offer down, unless you like giving half the money to the Belgian Hector

Comment

In the past I’ve got the client to organise it for me. Also, you’d be better to get the contract worded (and working) mostly from home, with maybe 1 week a month on site. Working out there full time will put you into Belgian tax laws, which are fun.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

limosa

Originally posted by justme123 View Post
        Hi Everyone,

Hoping for some guidance from those that have contracted in Belgium before.

Summary:
        Got a 8 month gig in Belgium starting 9th April 2018
        Operate a UK based LTD Co. (one-man band)

I'm now at that stage of completing the LIMOSA declaration, but have some questions.

The first thing being asked by the LIMOSA declaration form is:
        1. Employee OR
        2. Self Employed.

Which is the correct option?

Thanks
        Choose the employee option and use your uk ltd as your employer.

This option allows you to pay your social security in the U.K. for 2 years without any hassle from the Belgians.

The self employed option is saying that Belgian Social security is due. But a local accountant can get you out of it if you can provide paperwork fro the uk that shows you are paying it in the UK.

Comment

Thank you all for your response. I have tried to look for the option to PM "rover and out" but I have not been able to find how to do that. Is it possible for you "rover and out" to PM so I can discuss the issue I am facing.

Or if there is anyone who has done something similar...please get in touch with me urgently.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by justme123 View Post
            Thank you all for your response. I have tried to look for the option to PM "rover and out" but I have not been able to find how to do that. Is it possible for you "rover and out" to PM so I can discuss the issue I am facing.

Or if there is anyone who has done something similar...please get in touch with me urgently.

Thanks
            He’s in jail in Belgium for tax evasion...

Comment

Originally posted by rover and out View Post
              Choose the employee option and use your uk ltd as your employer.

This option allows you to pay your social security in the U.K. for 2 years without any hassle from the Belgians.

The self employed option is saying that Belgian Social security is due. But a local accountant can get you out of it if you can provide paperwork fro the uk that shows you are paying it in the UK.
              You should be able to use the Belgian self employed solution if you have a Belgian address .You would need an S1 form from the UK and pay Belgian taxes . You could rent a room and go back home each week.Belgium doesn't have IR35 nonsense. I know how to do it the other way around. I am thinking of creating a start up service doing this for when I retire.

Comment

Belgium? - run away! run Away!

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
                  You should be able to use the Belgian self employed solution if you have a Belgian address .You would need an S1 form from the UK and pay Belgian taxes . You could rent a room and go back home each week.Belgium doesn't have IR35 nonsense. I know how to do it the other way around. I am thinking of creating a start up service doing this for when I retire.
                  If you do I suspect that you'd be in great demand next year...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                  X