• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mandatory holiday for limited company contractors - British Law

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Who is the agency?

Please name and shame.
    Not really a fan of this as we only have one, slightly garbled side of the story. And shouldn't it be the agent that's named, not the agency?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Not really a fan of this as we only have one, slightly garbled side of the story. And shouldn't it be the agent that's named, not the agency?
      Well, based on the previous thread, the agent/agency is not doing a very good job of explaining things and perhaps if someone else comes along and searches for information about them, then they'll see the issues this guy has.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mandatory holiday for limited company contractors - British Law

Originally posted by Esp View Post
        Hi guys,

I have a question about holiday for contractors having limited companies.
        I have a contract for set amount of hours and prediction is that I will take all of them end of November. Client asked me if I would accept additional hours to cover December, if there is any need to do so.
        This would mean I take literally few single days off this year (bank holidays, maybe not even all of them) but I don't mind and client would be happy as well. My question is, am I obligated by the British law to take a set minimum amount of a mandatory holiday per year, or can I work even every single day as long as me and my client agree for that? Am I also obligated to take bank holidays off? especially that my project involves comunication with different countries, which don't have bank holidays even if we have them?

My query concerns just the British Law as I do understand my contract.

Thank you in advance.
        ask your agent If you can take a king charles spaniel to work as its allowed in British law also
        Last edited by tarbera; 6 March 2018, 23:55.

Comment

Is there even such a thing as British Law?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Esp View Post
            I politely asked here and didn't force you to reply. I appreciate all replies but this is quite aggressive response which is unnecesary.
            There's a lot of useful information these forums, so they're worth reading, despite the atmosphere. Ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Is there even such a thing as British Law?
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_the_United_Kingdom

so, no, then, sort of

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Well, based on the previous thread, the agent/agency is not doing a very good job of explaining things and perhaps if someone else comes along and searches for information about them, then they'll see the issues this guy has.
                To be fair if you got someone asking repeated questions like on this thread wouldn't you say it's law to get rid of them?

The agent is probably trying to say it is custom and practice in the UK for contractors to take a minimum of 2 weeks off a year - whether this is for holiday, hospital appointments, sickness, family matters or whatever - and this is built into the client's budget. I suggest the OP asks the agent how many billable days have been agreed with the client this year. Also if you aren't caught under IR35 sometimes projects will have nothing for you to do, and therefore you should go home rather than sit there and bill them. You don't need to ask to do this.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X