• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving inTouch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever you do, don’t go to Nixon Williams
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

The forum is definitely a good place to post accountant issues.

But I really think people should first

1. Contact their accountant.
      2. Sort out the problem.
      3. Analyse with your accountant what went wrong and how to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Then report back on the forum all the facts.

Seems a bit more productive.

Comment

@Mr Button,

Done that, got it sorted including an assessment and apology and assurance it was a "one off", but errors are being reported by others as well.

It's not like InTouch fall into the "cheap and nasty" category... as I stated in my discussions with InTouch, there are only 9 payments a year... and our accounts are relatively straightforward, so it's not rocket science.
        Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Comment

Yep, agreed.

Don't often post, but actually thought I'd pay a visit to see if anyone else was having similar issues, whaddya know.

Service has gone to tulip since Craig/Clare/Kate all left.

Confirmation statement filed late several days late, despite many reminders. Non-responsive to emails, and still waiting for VAT to be filed for this quarter.

Comment

Been with Intouch for several years now. They were great early on and I had no issues but over the past several months I've noticed service levels dropping markedly.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              Whatever you do, don’t go to Nixon Williams
              Intriguing that both they and Intouch were bought by PE houses - and they used to both be so highly rated on this forum by all accounts!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew@HillierHopkins View Post
                Intriguing that both they and Intouch were bought by PE houses - and they used to both be so highly rated on this forum by all accounts!
                Andrew - this has nothing to do with the purchase. Nothing has changed because of this, bar the directors have left. The procedures, staff etc remains the same.

Thanks for your 'Intriguing' point though.

Comment

Originally posted by rambaugh View Post
                  Been with Intouch for several years now. They were great early on and I had no issues but over the past several months I've noticed service levels dropping markedly.
                  I am sorry to hear this. Please do drop me a private message and I can look into this further. Mainly as to why this has happened, and to bring the service level back up to how we would expect as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ace2k7 View Post
                    Yep, agreed.

Don't often post, but actually thought I'd pay a visit to see if anyone else was having similar issues, whaddya know.

Service has gone to tulip since Craig/Clare/Kate all left.

Confirmation statement filed late several days late, despite many reminders. Non-responsive to emails, and still waiting for VAT to be filed for this quarter.
                    Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately the services you have listed, wouldn't have anything to do with the likes of the Accountants you have mentioned. This is the support team, and we have been a little under resourced in that department. Not an excuse, this has been addressed and we have recruited to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil@Intouch View Post
                      Andrew - this has nothing to do with the purchase. Nothing has changed because of this, bar the directors have left. The procedures, staff etc remains the same.

Thanks for your 'Intriguing' point though.
                      My experience of company purchases does not match this.

The new owners will firstly look for ways to remove costs - and this will often revolve around streamlining staff or 'making them more efficient' which is normally demotivating and people will move on - as seems to have been the case.

In addition often the people buying the company do not understand the industry and start to make poor decisions based on 'their knowledge and experience' as opposed to the vast amount of knowledge and experience within the company - which the new owners will always ignore because they are the new owners and employees are just thick and not to be trusted.

Cannot say if this is the case for you but I have been there, seen it, done it and yes I have the damn t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                      X