• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clearsky Opinions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearsky Opinions

Hey guys,

First time poster here.
    I've been 'freelancing' through Parasol (an umbrella company) for the last 24 months or so and have had a fantastic experience, never had an issue and whenever payments have been even a day late, they've been on the case.

Now I've been considering switching to Clearsky which is their accounting division, to open up a LTD and try to take control of a few more things. Im just wondering what everyones opinion of Clearsky is? I've had no issues with Parasol, but wanted to ask if Clearsky felt the same.

Best,
    K

Clearsky Opinions

From what I can tell it’s an overpriced contractor accounts farm. Better off using a small independent who dispenses free advice on this very forum. But I’m very biased.

Comment

Accountants

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
      From what I can tell it’s an overpriced contractor accounts farm. Better of using a small independent who dispense free advice on this very forum. But I’m very biased.
      Agree, but also biased!

Comment

I use them and have done for a few years with no problems. Does what it says on the tin, straightforward portal for entering Invoices, Bank statements, expenses etc. Works out my tax and tells me what to pay and when. I've asked a few questions along the way and got help and advice. £144 per month, I guess I could get cheaper but i'm OK with that to be honest.
        We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by Hertsseasider View Post
          I use them and have done for a few years with no problems. Does what it says on the tin, straightforward portal for entering Invoices, Bank statements, expenses etc. Works out my tax and tells me what to pay and when. I've asked a few questions along the way and got help and advice. £144 per month, I guess I could get cheaper but i'm OK with that to be honest.
          How much? !!!!! They're having your eyes out.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far guys, from what I can see is its expensive but not exactly horrible. Would an equivalent be something like Crunch?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              How much? !!!!! They're having your eyes out.
              I’m guessing that he is paying £120 + VAT so giving £144.

I understand that that is one of Clearsky’s mid-range package. Still overpriced but what you can expect from such a large group.

Remember that Clearsky are now part of the same group who also owns Parasol, SJD & Nixon Williams.

Judging by comments on here, the service from these companies had fallen over the past few years.
              "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                I’m guessing that he is paying £120 + VAT so giving £144.

I understand that that is one of Clearsky’s mid-range package. Still overpriced but what you can expect from such a large group.

Remember that Clearsky are now part of the same group who also owns Parasol, SJD & Nixon Williams.

Judging by comments on here, the service from these companies had fallen over the past few years.
                I totally agree, but the market is moving on. So much more is being automated nowadays with platforms like FreeAgent and similar. No longer (in my opinion) is it acceptable to deliver 3rd rate services at 1st rate prices. The sooner people wake up and realise that as clients of 3rd rate companies they are costing themselves 00's of GBP a year the better things will get. In today's world of automation and cloud services, prices should be going down and service levels should be going up. If you know where to look, you can find this. These big 3rd rate guys are surviving purely due to client inertia. I can't see it lasting forever, but maybe it will.

Comment

Originally posted by konradz View Post
                  Thanks for the replies so far guys, from what I can see is its expensive but not exactly horrible. Would an equivalent be something like Crunch?
                  No idea, but your first priority should be to engage an accountant that offers FreeAgent as part of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                    No idea, but your first priority should be to engage an accountant that offers FreeAgent as part of the deal.
                    Crunch will do everything but for cheaper, however it doesn't use freeagent. I chose Crunch over a freeagent accountant and I've been pretty happy.

Comment

Working...
                    X