• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coffee spilled over my laptop, laptop now dead

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sketchandsunshine View Post
    How much was the laptop worth at the time, roughly?

Have you double checked your business insurance? I know mine includes equipment. Maybe ring them and ask too.
    What business insurance do you have that covers equipment?

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
      What business insurance do you have that covers equipment?
      It’s part of my Hiscox policy. I recently rang up to check out the terms (due to getting new phone and laptop) and was advised it was ‘all risk’... think I got £4K coverage by default and the excess can be reduced for a small premium increase.

Comment

Once it's dried out the laptop will probably be useable, or at worst need a new keyboard which shouldn't be very expensive - I think I paid about £40 for a replacement Lenovo keyboard a couple of years ago.

Comment

This is why your business should pay to insure it’s own equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
            Be smart man, if was £500 or so, ask boss if you can put an extra day on timesheet on your next holiday to cover the costs

Everyone a winner
            Ditto this. Works well on many fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Ditto this. Works well on many fronts.
              It's win win. Makes it easy for the client to knock a day or two off if the contractor damages any of their kit or furniture or makes any mistakes that costs them money as well. Sorted.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sketchandsunshine View Post
                It’s part of my Hiscox policy. I recently rang up to check out the terms (due to getting new phone and laptop) and was advised it was ‘all risk’... think I got £4K coverage by default and the excess can be reduced for a small premium increase.
                Agreed, My hiscox policy covers a few k worth of devices.

Comment

Spill coffee on one of their laptops and call it quits.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Spill coffee on your manager and call it quits.
                    FTFY

Comment

I would just send it in for repair and foot the the bill, sh*t happens. They are the customer.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X